Price: Have a look right HERE.
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Size: XS, S, M, L, XL
Waist: 29-30″, 31-32″, 33″, 34-35″, 36-37″, 38″
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9 out of 10
So figuring out what are the best MMA shorts in the industry? is a tough question to answer with one pair of shorts – but at MMA Gateway we are giving you a variety of options with this ongoing series of fight shorts reviews.
So today in part 2, we are reviewing – Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts, and when I put on these shorts, I get a primal feeling which makes me ready to work hard on the mats, or any unarmed combat situation I find myself in.
For a good pair of MMA shorts, there are a few things that are crucial for me –
- they are comfortable to wear, which is vital in live combat situations, because any distractions like your shorts being uncomfortable can be a determining factor in winning and losing a fight.
- They have to be durable as well as flexible and breathable, because in MMA everything is needed from punching, kicking, elbows, knees, wrestling, and grappling – so the Best MMA Fight Shorts must allow you to use all of these techniques with ease.
- From my perspective, a great pair of MMA shorts should also be nice to look at, with a cool design which adds another layer of interest for fans (Take notes UFC/Reebok).
These Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts have all of these points and more, to produce a solid piece of MMA equipment, that is really designed for combat.
Best parts of these shorts
So as with every part in this Best MMA Shorts series, I’m now going to tell you what are my favourite things about these Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts –
- First off the design in beautiful, the Gorillas face is really great artwork, it literally looks like the Gorilla in the picture is about ready to jump off the shorts and eat some prey in the wild. Also as I mentioned at the start this Gorilla design also just makes you feel like an absolute primal beast ready to conquer the wild, which is very important when you step into a serious MMA bout, whether that’s in the gym, an amateur bout, or a pro bout.
- These shorts also have a Flex-System stretch fabric at the crotch and side vents, which really helps increase mobility and flexibility which again ticks one of my boxes for what a great pair of MMA shorts need.
- And last but not least, these Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts come with a nonabrasive Velcro locking system, which gives a really quick and precise clamp, which makes taking these shorts on and off very easy, which as martial artists know – when you have been going really hard with a training partner or an opponent, then as soon as its over you want to get your gear off asap and get in the shower – no fiddling around with these Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts, just an easy system for getting them on and off quickly.
- These shorts are made from 100% Polyester, which is great for making them lightweight while also having high durability.
- Venum say this is a “New closure system with a nonabrasive velcro” but really that just translates to shorts that are easy to take on and take off.
- The Gorilla design is interwoven into the fibres giving durability, last ability of the artwork, and unsurpassed quality which i have come to expect with all Venum products.
- The Flex-System gives increased mobility, which you will really notice when you throw a kick or look to advance in a grappling exchange, because these shorts will not hinder your movement in anyway.
- These Shorts also have Reinforced seams, which again just adds to the durability of the shorts, making sure that you wont get any ripping or material fraying at the seams.
- Great price for the level of quality your getting, from both a visual and a practical usage point of view.
- Anytime you see the Venum logo on an MMA gear, you know that is a literal stamp of quality you could say, because personally I have never come across a poor product from Venum.
- As I have mentioned with past reviews, it does annoy me a bit when there are no different colour options available, but if you could only have one pair in one colour then I would go with black as they are, but if you want these Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts in Red or Blue for instance then you will be disappointed.
- The sizing of these shorts is not completely perfect, I’m 5ft 9, athletic build, and about 135 pounds, so a size Small fit me perfectly, so try and use that as a scaling when deciding what size you want. But as you can see from one of the product reviews on MMAWarehouse, occasionally a customer complains about the sizing with these shorts, so bear that in mind!
Unleash the BEAST!!
By now you should get the picture – if you want to be the king of the jungle in your gym, the ring or the cage, then you really need to start thinking about getting yourself a pair of these Venum Gorilla Fight Shorts.
Combat is no place for the weak or timid, and a Gorilla is one of the bravest animals in the animal kingdom, and one of humanities closest relatives – so if you really want to unleash the beast in you, then you will need the spirit of the Gorilla to dominate your opponent.
At this point you’ve probably made your decision, so if your now ready to get yourself a pair of these top quality MMA Fight Shorts, which I think is one of the best in our Best MMA Fight Shorts series – then you can make your order right HERE.
I hop you enjoyed this review, and if you have any questions then or valid comments then post them here and I will reply as soon as I can.
Stay tuned for the next instalment of the Best MMA Fight Shorts, as well as more of the best MMA product reviews in the industry right here at MMAGateway.
Thanks for your time!