Price: $28.00 (USD)
Best place to buy: ufcstore.com
Size: Small – XXL
Colour: Dark Grey
Guarantee: Standard 30 days return policy
My Rating: 9 out of 10
What did Conor say in his post fight interview when he defeated Nate Diaz via Majority decision in their rematch? Well just in case your memory has been compromised, or your just not a Conor McGregor fan then let me remind you exactly what he said –
“Surprise surprise mother*****r the King is back!”
Now I don’t know if you missed seeing UFC 205 live at MSG on November 12th like I did, but if your a massive MMA fan, then no doubt you watched on TV as Conor Mcgregor became the first ever UFC fighter to become a two weight world champion at the same time –
Conor McGregor Merchandise has been getting much more popular in the past few years, as Conor’s escapades inside and outside the octagon have increased in excitement – Now if your a massive UFC and Conor Mcgregor fan like me, then you already know how good a martial artist Conor McGregor is, and maybe like me you have known since he first stepped foot in the UFC that he would be a champion.
So it makes sense to have a T-shirt which symbolises Conor’s character and achievements in my eyes, which is why I bought myself this The King is back T-shirt just after UFC 205. Also when Conor eventually comes back to the octagon in 2017, after he has had his first child with his partner Dee Devlin around May next year, then the first fight promo for his return, no matter who he fights will be simple –
“The King is back”
So as far as I’m concerned if your a Conor Mcregor fan of any capacity, then this T-shirt is a MUST HAVE for his comeback fight, and from my perspective there is no more relevant UFC fighter t-shirt then this one right now.
Because even those that dislike Conor Mcgregor (and there are plenty of those), have to admit that Conor Mcgregor is on top of his game right now, and as the first ever two weight world champion, most can agree that he is the King of the UFC right now – no wonder Conor has recently been talking about owning the UFC.
The Icon Of The Fighting Irish
Everything has a starting point, and just as Bruce Lee (one of Conors Idols growing up) is widely regarded as being the creator of MMA – Conor McGregor is without question the first Irish star of MMA, that has shattered records in the halls of the UFC.
Sure there has been some great Irish fighters in the past, but truth be told 99.9% of them were all strictly boxers – Conor McGregor on the other hand is a true Phenom, with a wide variety of striking bases from Boxing/Karate/Taekwondo and Muay Thai, while also having an ever improving Wrestling and Grappling game with his head coach John Kavanagh and long time training partners such as Gunnar Nelson, Cathal Pendred, and Artem Lobov – Conor is without doubt the first massively successful complete Martial Artist from Ireland.
Even before capturing a second UFC title, years back Conor had already captured two titles in Cage Warriors when his career was still in its infancy – what he has gone on to do in the UFC since 2011 has been nothing short of stunning:
Blazing a Trail Through The Best
UFC debut nerves are real, if you really think it is easy to step into the cage of the largest fight promotion in the world, you are sorely mistaken – trust me if you haven’t tried it, try stepping into a ring or cage at some amateur show to have a fight and see how nervous you get when you walk out – Then add tens of thousands of extra people watching you in the arena, and millions more at home – Most crumple under this pressure especially at the first time of asking.
But not Conor – he handles pressure as if it does not exist – personally I could tell there was something special about him when I saw how explosively impressive his UFC debut was in 2013, where he gained a TKO victory over tough veteran Marcus Brimage in the first round.
Anytime someone comes into the UFC and has an impressive debut, you should always know that you are likely watching a future top 15 fighter, title contender, or even champion.
Ever since the Brimage fight McGregor has blazed a burning trail through the UFC’s best fighters at the 145-170 weight range defeating Max Holloway, Diego Brandao, Dustin Poirier, Dennis Siver, Chad Mendes, Jose Aldo, Nate Diaz and Eddie Alvarez –
His only loss in the UFC came in the first Nick Diaz bout via submission, however he quickly set the record straight in the immediate rematch, where he battered Nate Diaz for the majority of a back and forth 5 round war, gaining a deserved majority decision victory.
My favourite part of this T-shirt
Anyway before i get too lost in Conor’s story, lets bring it back to this awesome Reebok Conor McGregor The King Is Back Shirt, now I don’t know about you, but I found Conors Billionaire strut to be hilarious, and more and more people agree with me, as fans, fighters, atheletes and celebrities have all been copying Conors rendition of the famous strut –
This Billionaire strut was made famous by Vince Mcmahon “the notorious” CEO of the WWE, and Mcmahon just did it as a way to show off to people through a walk that he has more money then them – every man can affiliate with feeling like a King when we get a load of money, and then wanting a walk to show that in your excitement.
Conor also did it for this reason, but also to me his rendition of the Billionaire strut was more meaningful, because it was also such a fitting celebration after defeating such a tough opponent like Eddie Alvarez with ease, making unprecedented history gaining two UFC belts.
This strut perfectly defined how Conor’s confidence fuels him in a way, where it assists him to almost glide past many of his opponents.
So everytime I put on this t-shirt, I like to just for a moment in the day do Conors Billionaire strut, and it always brings a smile to my face 🙂 The King Is Back!
- Firstly this t-shirt has a coolness rating which is off the scale in my opinion – so no matter where you are this shirt will give you a seriously cool vibe – the vibe of a king you can say, and if you get yourself a pair of shades like the ones Conor McGregor often wears, then your coolness will go to the next level!
- This t-shirt is literally the most relevant UFC t-shirt you can get of a UFC fighter right now – imagine how amazing it would feel to be wearing this t-shirt at his comeback fight in 2017 – The King is back 🙂
- There’s really good quality print of the text on this t-shirt, remember If you get a cheap version of this t-shirt you might find some horrible print peeling or fading.
- It washes really well, in terms of the all the printed text doesn’t wash off in the washing machine, the way cheap t-shirts do.
- T-shirt also features the Reebok Delta Logo design, which is the same design all UFC fighters wear on their apparel in the cage and throughout fight week.
- It is mainly made from cotton, which makes it nice and soft – so have no fear this t-shirt isn’t of some cheap mix of Nylon, Acrylic or Polyester.
- Makes anyone feel like a King while wearing it, even if you don’t like Conor – seriously try doing the Billionaire strut in this t-shirt and tell me you don’t feel good 🙂
- If you know someone that is a fan of Conor McGregor, MMA, UFC, Reebok and being a KING, then this t-shirt is a literal perfect present for them.
- If your in the UK, then you will have to pay additional VAT upon this T-shirt entering the UK, which adds to the cost a lot, so remember that if your in the UK!
- Personally I really think the creators need to make a black, white and red version of this T-shirt – I think that only having a Dark Grey colour option is not giving fans enough variety.
A T-Shirt Fit For A King
I mean really its unanimous, and if you like Conor McGregor or not, it is really irrelevant, because this shirt is fit for a King hands down, so if you want to get that royal feel from a simple t-shirt then you better get this t-shirt right HERE.
Conor McGregor merchandise of any kind is something everyone needs a piece of at the moment from my perspective, and remember, like I said at the start – you can be sure that when Conor has his next fight in 2017, the first UFC promo video will undoubtedly be –
“The King is back”
Then just imagine what a buzz you will get when you are wearing this Reebok Conor McGregor The King Is Back Shirt and your watching Conor walkout live in his next fight, which will likely be his biggest one ever!
Words cant describe really 🙂
As always any comments, questions, issues, smart ass remarks and the like, then post below, or fill in the contact form.
Catch Ya’s Later