Price: Check it out at amazon.com
Weight: 374 KGS of free weights broken down into 14 weight increments ranging from 2-22.5 KGs per hand.
Colour: Black and White
Guarantee: Standard 30 day returns policy
Average Customer Review: 10 out of 10
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Are you looking to increase your strength so that you can be a more dominant MMA fighter inside the cage? Or maybe your an athlete in any sport, and you just want to get some kind of set at home to pack on some extra muscle, or tone the muscle you already have. Well if thats the case then you need to get a solid dumbbell weight set – enter the Powerblock U90 Stage 1 Adjustable 2-22.5kg Dumbbells set.
I just love these Dumbbells, they let me get an excellent workout in a reasonable weight range that I need. I also love how much space I save with this one set of Powerblock Dumbbells, I mean the weight range of 2-22.kgs per hand is the equivalent to 16 pairs of dumbbells or 374 kgs of free weights in one set!
The weight increments are really good too ranging from – 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22 and 22.5 kgs per hand! This makes increasing your lifting capacity safe and practical in a step by step manner.
I also love that I can upgrade these Powerblock Dumbbells with the U90 Stage II add on Kit to 41 Kgs per hand, and again to 57 kgs per hand with the U90 Stage III add on Kit – This enables you to upgrade your weight limits as your capacity to lift more grows.
Heres a video so you can see these amazing Dumbbells in action –
My Favourite parts of these dumbbells
I’m not gona rant about this for a long time, because I like to get to the point with things, but I will just quickly get to the point of my three favourite parts about these dumbbells –
SPACE: if you don’t have the biggest place like me, then having 16+ sets of weights around the house is really not practical at all, so the fact that with this Powerblock Dumbbell set you can have the equivalent of 16 pairs of dumbbells from 2-22.5 Kgs IN ONE PAIR which is really an amazing space saver!
SAFETY: These Powerblock Dumbbells are built so well that every weight is a snug fit, and every weight increment is securely increased with a simple but effective locking mechanism – Trust me I’ve seen plenty of other kinds of adjustable dumbbell sets be very wobbly, unsteady, and even fall on people while they are lifting! It’s hard to put into words how dangerous that can be, but you never have to worry about that with the Powerblocks.
UPGRADE OPTIONS: I really like the fact that if I ever want a new challenge with my weights, I can always get myself a U90 Stage II/III add on Kit to drastically increase the maximum weight in each hand to 41 and 57 Kgs! Realistically I will probably never get those upgrades, because I’m happy with the amount of muscle I carry, but it’s just good to know that I always have the option to upgrade.
- PowerBlock U90 Stage 1 adjutable Dumbbells are amazing for space, dont even bother comparing to buying dumbbell sets, because you will save a lot of space, which for me is very handy, and makes them good for home use for anybody!
- The U90 Stage I Dumbbells have a weight range of 2 – 22.5 kgs per hand and will easily replace 16 pairs of dumbbells or 374 kgs of free weights.
- Safety is great with these Dumbbells, some adjutable sets can be a it wobbly and not secure, which is really dangerous with wieght lifting of any kind! You don’t have to worry about that with the Powerblock U90 Stage 1 Adjustable 2-22.5kg Dumbbells Set.
- Increments achieved with these Dumbbells are; 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22 and 22.5 kgs per hand, which makes slowly expanding your capacity safe and practical.
- Speaking of which everything is so secure on these Dumbbells, the locking system for weight increases is so easy to use and really locks securely in place, so you never have any wobbly and unsafe weights.
- The U90 Stage I Set can be expanded to 41 kgs per hand with the U90 Stage II add on Kit, and again to 57 kgs per hand with the U90 Stage III add on Kit, meaning its not the end if you get bored with 22.5KGs per hand :).
- The set also contains Adder Weights.
- A little pricey, and if you want to go above 22.5KGs perhand, then you will have to purchase the U90 stage II/III add on. However, 22.5KGs tops is good for me, because in MMA you don’t need massive bodybuilder muscle.
- The block design could be a little clunky or cumbersome for some people, but personall.
At the end of the day I have tried out a lot of Dumbbell sets through the years, and I can tell you that this Powerblock U90 Stage 1 Adjustable 2-22.5kg Dumbbells Set is the best Dumbbell weight set that I have ever come across.
So really its a an easy decision if you need a set of Dumbbells that will give you everything you need for years of working out, without ever needing to buy a another set.
So if your ready to go ahead and take some action on this review, then you can look at the price and make an order right HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed this review, and if you have any questions, comments or general feedback then please drop some below and I will always get back to you.
Thanks for reading!