Price: Check it out at Amazon.com
Size/Dimensions: 153 x 75 x 173 cm ; 75 Kg
Max User Weight: 135kg
Max Settings: 21 inches (Max Long Stride), up to 4 levels incline, 16 levels of resistance, 19 workout programs
Colour: Matte Black Finish
Guarantee: Lifetime frame warranty, 2 year home repair warranty, includes all parts and engineer call outs to your home, 28 day money back guarantee.
My Rating: 9 out of 10
When you wake up in the morning and your an athlete, or you want to start training, then its really important that you listen to your body. Now I really enjoy the feeling of my feet pounding the floor on a treadmill or running in the forest or mountains, but sometimes elliptical cross trainers like this JTX Tri Fit Extendable Long Stride and Incline Elliptical Cross Trainer are much better in terms of offering a different way to train.
Treadmills are made for high impact running, which can assist with strengthening bones and muscles, as well as obviously improving your general cardio. However, this can be tough on joints at times, especially if you have an injury which requires you to avoid high impact training for a prolonged period of time – this is where the Elliptical cross trainers like this JTX Tri Fit Cross Trainer come in handy.
The design of elliptical cross trainers makes sure that you get virtually as good a workout as on a treadmill, with less effort and without any high impact on your feet and joints, but rather an elevated motion of movement instead, which works the upper and lower body with its cross training capabilities.
I’ve used a few Elliptical cross trainers in my life, but this JTX Tri Fit is one of my favourites, its got a brilliant range of stride length, the incline and resistance levels are excellent for beginners to elite athletes which I really like, and it has an awesome clear and well sized monitor.
I’m not writing this review to try and sell you this JTX Tri Fit Cross Trainer as hard as possible – I’m just here to give you the straight and narrow of this Elliptical cross trainer in an impartial way, and who knows maybe after reading this review then you might want to test the JTX Tri Fit and see for yourself, if not well at least you will get an education on this brilliant piece of training equipment.
How did I first come across the JTX Tri Fit?
Well we’ve all been pigheaded about something before right? Especially in younger years, walking around thinking you know absolutely everything until reality hits you in the face hard lol. That was pretty much a condensed long story short of how I came across the JTX Tri Fit Extendable Long Stride and Incline Elliptical Cross Trainer –
It was about 4 years ago, and I was training in one of my local gyms, now I always had the perspective that when I workout it should apparently always be anaerobic – meaning full on balls to the wall, pushing and straining with 100% effort during every workout.
From my view at the time, because I had great cardio, then to me that just meant that I can just keep going and going to make my cardio “better and better”. Of course I didn’t realise at this stage that over training reduces your cardio essentially, also growing up I was taught to always pay attention and give my all within athletics or any endeavour so that’s always played a factor in my mind.
Now treadmills were a big part of my hard workout sessions, and I can often remember looking at some guys in the gym using the Elliptical cross trainers, thinking –
” those things are for girls, or guys that can’t handle treadmills, you losers need to get on the treadmill, its much better”
Sometimes I would be confused by the cocky look I would sometimes get from some people using an Elliptical – if I only knew then what I know now, I would have obviously been using the elliptical cross trainers.
But after a few months of pushing myself on the most insane schedule of my life (around 5 days a week, 3+ hour sessions) I damaged my heel during sparring, it was nothing major, just bad bruising and a slight sprain, so I had to rest it for for a while – an injury is always inevitable to happen if you keep going to hard all the time, no matter how tough you are, my teacher at the time and others growing up repeatedly told me this, but being young and stupid as well as being my own father growing up, I thought I knew it all, so I didn’t realise what I was doing fully.
This was when I found myself in the gym, but not being able to use my favourite treadmill, or go for some hard sparring, or grapple properly. So I tested one of the cross trainers, and immediately I could see why I would sometimes get confident looks from people I had seen using them before – the effort on my joints was so minimal, I felt like I was floating, yet at the same time I was getting a good workout, and my heel was under no pressure at all.
That was when the penny dropped for me, and then it wasn’t long until I used my gyms best Elliptical cross trainer being this JTX Tri Fit which at the time was the only elliptical in the gym that had an incline system, the longest stride, strongest design and best monitor display.
Still to this day I haven’t used a better Elliptical cross trainer.
So why do you need an Elliptical?
Well if you learnt anything from that personal story I just told you, then you now know that if you put too much pressure on your body too often, then you will injure yourself – even wolverine can get injured sometimes so don’t get it twisted in your mind lol.
This elliptical cross trainer, is going to assist you to have a new dimension to your training regime, and just like me if you had a problem over training as an ego thing, then this JTX Tri Fit Extendable Long Stride and Incline Elliptical Cross Trainer, will support you to start adding more relaxed elements into your training, to help to teach yourself that slowing down sometimes will increase your cardio much better then going hard doing high impact training all the time.
Here’s the JTX Tri Fit Elliptical Cross Trainer in action if you want to see how it looks and operates –
- Excellent resistance – the 16 levels of Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR), really allow for anything from an effortless resistance for a relaxing calm work out, to the top settings giving a full anaerobic workout that any professional athlete will be happy to use.
- The long stride and incline features help with weight loss, fitness and toning results – The adjustable stride length system (16- 20″ which suits everyone from <5ft – 6 ft 2+ atheletes) has 5 different stride settings, while the incline system has 4 options, which lets you vary the stride path to hone in on different muscle groups – I find the highest setting incline level, with the the SMR on full, and a good stride, provides a really intense cardio challenge, even for elite athletes.
- The computer system is solid even in 2017, as it connects via Bluetooth to a free iConsole app on your phone or tablet, which creates motivating visual training tools – this is also compatible with Apple and Android phones/tablets so no matter what phone you use, you will be able to make working out even more interesting with the massive array of apps you can sync with your JTX Tri Fit.
- Its really not very big honestly, which makes it great for home use, JTX maintain it is a “Patented space saving design” which is apparently 30% smaller then its competition. I don’t know about that, like if its true or not, but I do know that it was the smallest but best cross trainer in my gym, and with these dimensions (153(l) x 75(w) x 173(h)cm) its easy to find space for it.
- There’s 19 workout programmes, which include – heart rate controls, intervals, sprints, endurance, fat burning & fitness tests, all of which are useful for the variety of training modes you want in your schedule.
- The heart rate chest strap (included) & heart rate programmes are pretty cool, because they can auto-adjust resistance for a more effective workout, which is handy if you have a tendency to push yourself too hard at times like me!
- You can design your own workout on the programmable console, which is good if your really specific about things like me, or you are working towards set goals.
- The large colour display is well built, good quality, easy to use, and it provides constant workout feedback in terms of: time, distance, speed, calories, pulse, RPM & programme profile.
- The multi position ergonomic handles allow you to adjust resistance control & pulse monitoring without stopping your workout, which is useful.
- There’s a solid water bottle holder – maybe that sounds like a silly thing to mention, but I’ve used Elliptical cross trainers that amazingly haven’t had this.
- Buying big things online can be a pain, in terms of delivery costs/waiting times/installation process – but not with these guys, just read the reviews on Amazon yourself, they have about 2 or 3 bad reviews in amongst hundreds, which is good going in any industry – all I know is that I got my JTX Tri Fit with free delivery within 3 working days, at the exact time I specified, and the two delivery guys gave me a solid explanation of the whole system, so how could I not be happy?
- I cannot say that cost is a Con, because in fact it’s definitely a pro, because honestly in comparison to elite athlete cross trainers and treadmills, the price of nearly 700 pounds with free delivery (UK only) is a brilliant price. This JTX Tri Fit Extendable Long Stride and Incline Elliptical Cross Trainer is no worse then anything you would see in any respectable gym in the world, and will save you thousands on the “elite athlete” cross trainers, which bleed people for additional features, but the core of the system design is mostly no better then the JTX Tri Fit.
- Don’t expect a bible for a manual, because the manual is a bit short in all honesty, I don’t think it goes into enough detail about each programme setting to use, if I didn’t have such a good understanding of computers, then I would probably still be stuck on Preset Program setting 1.
- The heart rate monitor can be a bit glitchy when your hands are wet, which is no different then any other Elliptical cross trainer so I can forgive it for that, plus if your hands are dry then it works perfectly.
Take the JTX Cross Fit in your stride!
The bottom line here is that if you need a top quality elliptical cross trainer, that will enable you to do everything from a relaxed 20 minute workout, to a full effort 3+ hours top athlete level workout, all from the comfort of your own home then this JTX Tri Fit Extendable Long Stride and Incline Elliptical Cross Trainer is exactly what you need.
Sure its not perfect, but nothing in life ever is in all honesty, so don’t get duped into over spending when you make a decision on what elliptical cross trainer to get, just keep it practical, and this JTX Tri Fit is one of the most practical products in the industry.
If you want to take things to the next step, you can always just get your JTX Tri Fit Elliptical Cross Trainer right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this review, if you have any comments, questions, reviews of your own, smart ass remarks, or gripes, then please do drop them below because I will always get back to you asap, and don’t forget to stay tuned to see what is upcoming at the MMA gateway in 2017!
Thanks for reading.