Price: Have a look right HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Colour: Black or Blue
Sizes: Small/Medium, Large/X-Large
Material: Synthetic leather
Shipping: Free UK Delivery/ for all other countries shipping varies from £1.99-£4.75
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9 out of 10
When your a parent and either through your own direction or their own, your kids are training MMA and wanting to compete, then its your responsibility to make sure they have the best Kids MMA Gear in the industry – enter the Bad Boy Children’s Accelerate Youth Boxing Head Guard.
Its difficult to review a product that I cant field test myself personally, but I’m lucky enough to know a few kids that train Jiu-Jitsu and Boxing in my local gym.
One kid lets call him Tim is 10 and wants to start doing live sparring, so I got his parent to agree to buy this headgear so we can review it today!
So we are going to look at all the angles, but bottom line while it doesn’t have any special bells or whistles like a lot of the adult MMA equipment has, still this Bad Boy headgear will serve a purpose of making sure our kids are well protected while they start doing live sparring.
Lets take a close look –
The top 3 parts of this headgear
- The Multi-layered Eva-foam apparently provides excellent protection according to my assistant Tim for this review! He says its like a helmet for war and he doesn’t even feel it when his sparring partner lands big punches! Ultimately protection is the whole point of wearing headgear, so the heavy padding is top notch on the Bad Boy Children’s Accelerate Youth Boxing Head Guard.
- It looks really cool and Tim says he really like the eyes of the Bad Boy logo, which reminded him of a bad guy he likes in a cartoon he watches lol, but it always reminded me of the focused eyes a fighter has for a fight stare down before the first bell. Also Tim says the black one is much cooler then the Blue one and I am inclined to agree with him really because I usually wear mostly Black.
- I personally really like the open face design of the headgear, because it really helps to increase visibility during sparring. Its really crucial to be able to see what your doing when your sparring or fighting, so your vision will not be affected by this great piece of Bad Boy headgear.
- Made with an extra-tough synthetic leather which gives long-lasting durability, so you can expect this headgear to last years through the process of your kids development into a top martial artist.
- Great price meaning its no big expense to keep your little soldiers well protected! So there’s really no excuse why you wouldn’t want to get this for our mini warriors!
- The multi-layer Eva-foam construction provides optimal protection, as Tim says you cant even feel the punches! I love the positive outlook that kids have don’t you? 🙂 but as a parent protection is the optimal thing to ensure when your little one is taking martial arts training seriously!
- The open face design gives superior visibility during training and live fights, meaning your kid can focus on executing the right techniques!
- The design and colour schemes are great, from the blue or black choices, along with the awesome Bad Boy logo on the forehead of the headgear just gives it that really cool vibe.
- Excellent ear protection.
- Simple Velcro strap to secure headgear in place.
- Free delivery if your in the UK and very cheap delivery to any other country.
- Inner lining and the headgear in general is really comfortable according to Tim!
- Tim also says as a side note that you can use the headgear for football if you want as well lol!
- One of my training partners pointed out when he was watching Tim spar with me, that the open face design of the Bad Boy Children’s Accelerate Youth Boxing Head Guard, is actually lacking a big of cheek support, but as I said to my training partner, kids rarely hit hard enough to cause a cheekbone fracture or anything, and the increased vision you get makes up for the lack of cheek support I think. If you want better cheek support then wait for the next kids MMA headgear review.
- Every parent knows that kids grow incredibly quickly, so remember that they may not really get much time to wear this headgear if they are going through a big growth spurt. I would say that if your child is over 13 and already well developed that you should stick to adult head gear.
Gear for the warriors of the future!
Preparation is so crucial for any martial artists, and when our children start to walk the path of a martial artists at a young age, we have to make sure that we prepare them as a best as possible by buying the best Kids MMA Gear that money can buy.
As long as we do provide the best quality that we can, then our children will become some of the greatest martial artists ever as they develop into adulthood.
We have to realise as parents that Martial arts will integrate an understanding of discipline, confidence, humility, honour, concentration, respect and physical strength into our children, so the benefits are massive and therefore crucial for a child’s development!
I will be reviewing other kids headgear in the future, but really this Bad Boy Children’s Accelerate Youth Boxing Head Guard is one of the best I have seen, Badboy is a superior name in the world of MMA equipment so this headgear is made with the best possible quality in the industry.
So at this point if you are ready to place your order then you can do that right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post, so please leave a comment or a question if you have any feedback for this post and of course stay tuned for more of the best MMA product reviews in the world right here at the MMAGateway.
Thanks for reading!