Product Type: Digital
Price: $57.00 (USD)
Consisting of: 27 HD quality private training videos and varying amounts of eBooks
Best place to buy: selfdefenseiskravmaga.com
Guarantee: Standard 60 day returns policy
My Rating: 7.5 out of 10
Now if you were going to get into an MMA ring or cage, and you asked me what martial art you should learn first, I definitely would not say Krav Maga. I would say Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling and Muay Thai first, definitely one of those three – but if you asked me what martial art should you learn for street fights and life or death situations, then I would definitely suggest Krav Maga worldwide as one of the top options.
But with any martial arts training, you first need to get the right instructor and course to work with. So in today’s post we are going to look at the details of Krav Maga as a whole, and who I think has a quality and affordable course for you to start learning from the comfort of your home.
Now I must stress, that today will be a review of an online training course and remember that as with any training its up to you to practice physically what you learn, by going to actual classes in your local area.
But you need the knowledge first, and that’s what I’m here to help with -so we will look at a variety of different Krav Maga systems in a series of posts, and today we start with the Krav Maga in No Time System.
But first if your if your completely new to Krav Maga, then I will give you some background, and you should watch this video from the creator of the Krav Maga in no time system Guy Dar, who is an Israeli Krav Maga 8th Dan master –
What is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is a military self-defence system, which was developed for the Israeli military and security services. It consists of a combination of martial arts, from Boxing, Wrestling, Akido, Judo and Karate.
From day one, Krav Maga is based on the concept of taking the most basic and practical techniques from other martial arts, and to then make them easily teachable to military, security services and anyone who wants to learn.
Krav Maga really has an emphasis on aggression as well as simultaneous offensive and defensive manoeuvres, focusing on disabling ones opponent as quick as possible.
Krav Maga is widely considered one of the best weapon disablement martial arts in the world which is predominantly why not only Israeli, but also UK and US special forces and intelligence agencies around the world teach Krav Maga to their soldiers and agents.
Because lets be honest, in the ring someone wants to beat you up, but in street fights or in warfare conflicts involving weaponry, your opponent might want to kill you literally, so the ability to disarm your opponent is crucial!
MMA legend Bas Rutten has voiced his support of the effectiveness of Krav Maga, and even utilised some of it in his own self-defence training courses.
Who created the martial art?
Krav Maga was created by the street fighting experience of Hungarian-Israeli martial artist Imi Lichtenfeld, who utilised his boxing and wrestling experience to defend Jews in Bratislava, Czechoslovakia in the mid 1930s, which was an area with a lot of conflict and political unrest at the time.
Litchenfeld found that actual fighting was very different from competition fighting, and despite the strength of Boxing and Wrestling, he found that these disciplines were not always practical for the aggressive and brutal nature of street fighting.
So at that point he started to reevaluate his concepts about fighting, and started developing the skills and techniques that would eventually become Krav Maga.
In 1948, when the state of Israel was founded and the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) was formed, Litchenfeld was appointed chief instructor for Physical Fitness and Krav Maga at the IDF school of combat fitness.
My favourite parts of Krav Maga.
- Blending of forms – Well firstly as Bruce Lee proved in his life, the most effective types of martial arts in real time are a blend of all the different forms to suit the scenario, so without question Krav Maga fits this bill, by drawing from many of the most effective martial arts ever formulated. This alone should be a reason for anyone to get familiar with some element of Krav Maga training whether as a hobby or as a serious profession.
- This isn’t a game – Secondly like I mentioned in the title, Krav Maga is really designed to disable your opponent as quickly and effectively as possible in a life or death situation. Because if someone wants to stab or shoot you, then acting quickly and decisively is crucial in being able to survive the ordeal, so Krav Maga gives those who practise it the ability to give themselves the chance to survive the worst of situations that life can throw at you. Krav Maga is not a sport, Krav Maga is literally a life saver for many people around the world everyday.
- The efficiency of movement – That’s really what Krav Maga is about, learning efficiency of movement to suppress a dangerous situation, and look if someone is trying to hold a knife to your throat, stab you or hurt you with some kind of weapon, then you will need to have efficiency of movement built into your muscle memory. As one of the readers on this website I personally want you to have these abilities if a life or death situation is to occur in your life.
- There is a lot of video and eBook material for teh price, and there is a good amount of detail to teh cocurse generally.
- Very affordable price for many people at just $57.
- Genuine training from a real life high level Krav Maga expert like Guy Dar.
- Before you join a Krav Maga school in your local area, this Krav Maga In No Time system will give you all the terminology and knowledge of how to apply high level Krav Maga techniques – meaning you will be way more prepared then most people for your first real class, so with this system you can learn to walk before you run in the comfort of your home.
- 60 day money back guarantee is pretty amazing, a lot of companies still only give 30 days. I mean you shouldn’t need to use it because its a good course, but if you need to get a refund its a good length of time that you have to get your money back.
- Guaranteed to improve your knowledge of defending yourself in general, and especially from being attacked by someone who has a weapon.
- The videos in particular are direct and to the point, no long winded seminar style speeches, just simple, practical breakdowns and real life examples of utilising Krav Maga techniques.
- Like Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, Krav Maga is particularly supportive for kids and women to learn, given the martial arts focus on technique and leverage ahead of physical strength – and also given the fact that in today’s world, on the whole children and women are more likely to get randomly attacked by someone on the street.
- While the training package offered for the price is good, I expected more package variety options, and more ongoing access to new products and techniques.
- I”m a bit “old school” so i tend to prefer my products being tangible, something i can feel and hold in my hands, instead of only digital products. But having said that, I also pay over £100 a month on TV bills and how much does that TV help in life or death situations?
- A bit more interaction with Guy Dar would have been good, but you get what you pay for and he wont offer anymore.
So look I’m not going to tell you that Krav Maga In No Time is a perfect training course to learn Krav Maga, because its not. But it is a great start –
I have prepared you as best I can, so if your ready to get going with yoru training, then you can get started right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this review, and as always if you have any comments, questions or general feedback then please post some below.
Don’t forget to like, share, subscribe and stay tuned for more from the world of MMA right here at the MMAGateway.
See you soon folks!