Well at the MMAGateway you are going to get the answers to both, because just like any UFC card, you will get all the UFC ticket booking details –
So in today’s post, I will be breaking down the up an coming UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2 event which is scheduled for May 13th 2017 in the American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas
So this post is the perfect preparation for this card – an in detail analysis of the fights, and the best place to buy your ticket to attend this UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2 card on May 13th.
Will this be the first time you attend a UFC event? Well if so then you are going to have a mind blowing evening of fights, because there is no question that May 13th in Dallas, Texas will be an unforgettable experience for newbies, or for those that are used to going to UFC events.
As the crowd start roaring in the American Airlines Center, we will all be treated to seeing on the most highly anticpated rematches of the Heavyweight division, as UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic will go up against the Brazilian striking phenom Junior Dose Santos – their first bout was a brutal back and forth contest that went the full 25 minutes, and ended with Dos Santos winning a razor close unanimous decision, which many thought should have been a split decision or even gone the other way.
Some people think that Stipe won the first bout, and now that he is the champion, then he will definitely be the favourite here, but picking a winner here is literally a shot in the dark for me. Anyway here’s a video to get you excited for UFC 211:
So whats the line up?
This is a seriously stacked card, one of the best of the year so far, as we have:
- Stipe Miocic vs Junior Dos Santos – So as i just have been saying in the previous sections, we are all privileged to watch this amazing rematch stand as the main event of this UFC 211 card. This rematch has been a long time coming, as the first bout ended in a unanimous decision victory for Dos Santos, that some fans disagreed with, and if you looked at both men’s faces at the end of the fight, you can see why some fans think that Stipe won the first fight.
Both men are superb boxers that hit harder then most in the UFC, Stipe has better wrestling, but Dos Santos has phenomenal take down defence and solid grappling – so this really is a clash of the titans type of bout, i mean the cage itself may actually start rumbling when these two collide, and making a pick here is very, very difficult. Also at Heavyweight one punch can end the fight, so don’t be surprised to hear the words “And Still!” or “And the New!” being screamed by Bruce Buffer at the end of this titanic collision.
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Jessica Andrade – talk about another strikers delight, this fight is going to be a perfect co main to warm up for the main event. Dominant UFC Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk will be looking for her fifth consecutive title defence after beating Carla Esparza to capture the title at UFC 185 in 2015.
However, this could be one of Joanna’s toughest bouts in her career, as she faces the Brazilian power striker Jessica Andrade who has been in devastating form since dropping to 115 pounds she is on a 3 fight win streak beating excellent fighters such as Jessica Penne, Joanne Calderwood and Angela Hill. Its hard to pick who has the best striking similarly to the main event, and while Andrade has better grappling, Jedrzejczyk has amazing take down defence, so make sure you don’t miss out on this classic co-main event.
- Demian Maia vs Jorge Masvidal – Oh man talk about a risky fight for the Jiu-Jitsu phenom Demian Maia, as he puts his 6 fight win streak on the line against one of my favourite fighters ever in always dangerous Jorge “Gamebred” Masvidal who is on his own impressive 3 fight win streak. In Demian Maia’s 6 fight win streak he has beaten top fighters such as Alexander Yakovlev, Ryan LaFlare, Neil Magny, Gunnar Nelson, Matt Brown and Carlos Condit –
Many people including myself feel this is a resume worthy of a title shot at 170 pounds. But Masvidal is fresh from back to back knock outs of top contender Donald Cerrone, veteran Jake Ellenberger as well as a solid decision victory over the experienced Englishman Ross Pearson. Maia has the grappling edge in this fight which he always has at 170, but Masvidal is a much better striker and all around fighter from my perspective, so its another tough bout to call, but I would just give Masvidal the edge here, although I’m a bit biased towards Masvidal, and Maia has some scary grappling skills, so who knows! But one thing is for sure, we need to tune in to find out!
- Henry Cejudo vs Sergio Pettis – at 125 pounds the fists and feet fly faster then at any other weight class, and due to the massive stamina of the top fighters ta this weight class, you can expect this will be high octane from pillar to post.
Henry Cejudo feels that he is due another shot at dominant champion Demetrious Johnson, but in order to do so, he will first have to beat Sergio Pettis, which will be no easy feat, because Sergio Pettis is a striking sensation much like his older brother Anthony Pettis. Having said that Cejudo has some of the best wrestling in MMA period, and i expect he should be able to pick up the win in this bout, but you never know for sure in MMA!
- Eddie Alvarez vs Dustin Poirier – woooo! this is another absolute doozy of a fight on this stacked card, as former UFC Lighweight champion Eddie Alvarez looks to get back in the win column against veteran striker Dustin Poirier, who is looking to capture the biggest scalp of his career.
Both men are true warriors, so I fully expect that this will be settled in the pocket, with both men coming forward swinging leather. They both hit very hard, so a stoppage wouldn’t be a surprise, but Eddie Alvarez will likely have a significant Wrestling advantage, as well as having the edge in experience and also in championship bouts, so gun to the head if I had to pick one I would go with Alvarez.
- Also on the undercard we will have more great bouts such as: David Branch vs Krzysztof Jotko, Enrique Barzola vs Gabriel Benitez, Jarjis Danho vs Dmitry Poberezhets, and also there will likely be at least 2 or 3 more fights to announce for this UFC 211 card, so wow this is going to be one of the best events of 2017 easily!
What are the tickets going to cost?
Ok now that I’m done breaking down the fights, lets get into the nitty gritty of the ticket prices for this UFC 211 card on May 13th in the American Airlines Center, in Dallas Texas – just a quick reminder for new people here that every UFC event has its own pricing structure, so the ticket prices always vary a lot depending on when, where and who is fighting at the event.
The quality of seats, and how close you want to be to the action, really is the main determining factors in how much your ticket is going to cost.
But for this UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2 event on May 13th 2017 at the American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas, ticket prices range from $63-$8,900.00 (USD).
You can look at the whole range of seating plans and ticket prices on my favourite ticket website.
All Guns Blazing in the Lone Star State!
It’s time to get things popping, because this UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2 event on May 13th 2017 at the American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas is going to be a fully automatic explosive night of action. I personally cannot wait for this one, as I can see the words instant classic written all over this one, so sitting at home on the couch isn’t going to cut it for me on May 13th, because I will totally be in Dallas, Texas to witness UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos live and in the flesh.
Live UFC events are the most awesome live events i have ever been to – and the entertainment intensity heats up the closer to the octagon your seat is – The veterans of UFC events reading this will already know this, but for all newcomers make sure that you get yourself positioned as best as possible to maximise your experience.
If you are bored of me rambling on, then now its time for you to book your ticket right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this breakdown of UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2, and how/where to get your tickets so you can attend this amazing event.
You might see me sipping on a beer close to the cage, maybe in a cowboy hat for the occasion 🙂 any questions, comments or feedback, then please post it below and I will respond asap.
See you soon!