Price: Have a look right HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Colour: Black/Matte Black
Sizes: one size fits all
Boxed-product Weight: 440 g
Material: Stainless Steel reinforced polymer case and band, scratch resistant Sapphire Crystal.
Shipping: Free UK Delivery/ for all other countries shipping varies from £1.99-£4.75
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
No matter what combat or high octane sport your doing you need to find out what are the best Mens Sports Watches – today we look at the Garmin Fenix 5 Sapphire GPS Multisport Smartwatch.
Now obviously when I’m sparring or rolling I don’t like to wear any watches and you really shouldn’t for training partner safety, but at points during training regimes I need a watch to time myself, track my heart rate, my movements, keep me on track when I’m running on the track, the road, or in the woods and mountains.
But no matter what watch I’m wearing during training regimes, I also want to know that its going to durable enough to handle the most forceful of impacts – if I throw it off a mountain, or a car runs over it, I want to know that it wont break in these worst of scenarios.
You get all these benefits with the Garmin Fenix 5 Sapphire.
This video will show you this watch up close and personal –
My favourite parts of this watch
- Style man – I mean seriously this watch has to be the best multi purpose watches on the market, and one of the stand out points are how cool the watch itself looks. You can wear this watch while your working out anywhere, but you can also wear it with a nice suit out to a classy meal with your wife, or while your wearing causal smart clothes for a party night with your friends. As I have pointed out with other reviews before, don’t underestimate the power of a piece of equipment that looks really cool, because it will give you a motivational and confidence boost while your training!
- It cannot be scratched! Look bottom line if your a high octane trainer like me, meaning someone who can find themselves rolling around on matts in a gym, to climbing mountains then you need to know your watch is built to handle that – doesn’t matter if your a fighter, a triathlete or any high octane athlete, the scratch resistant Sapphire Crystal watch face on this Garmin Fenix 5 Sapphire GPS Multisport Smartwatch gives you what you need.Because I’m serious you will not be able to scratch this watch! To give you an example, I slipped when I was rock climbing while wearing this watch, I dropped a good 10ft, watch face was scrapping along the rocks on the way down, but when I looked at it – nothing not even a little scratch line. I also took a really sharp knife to it onetime just to be sure, and again not a single mark!
- Just so many functions – now I’m not going to go into all of the functions here because there is so many, but that in and of itself is a huge part of the strength. Don’t worry I will list all these functions in the pros and cons section below, but Heart rate monitor, sleep monitor, calorie intake monitor, GPS, Wifi, connectivity with your phone, ridiculous battery length are just a few to mention!
- Stainless Steel/Reinforced Polymer case and band is so durable that you could throw it off a mountain or run over it with a car and it would still be functional.
- Watch is fully water resistant up to 100 meters, meaning you can operate it under water, or generally just not worry about taking it off around water, which is crucial if swimming and underwater drills are part of your training regimes.
- The scratch resistant Sapphire Crystal display watch face means you don’t have to worry about accumulating those annoying scratches you can get on weak watches when your a high octane multi terrain athlete.
- Built in heart rate monitor means you can keep a close eye on how hard you are working so you can increase or decrease your workout accordingly with this accurate monitor.
- The built in GPS functionality just means you never will get lost, you will always know if your heading north or south, what the name of the area/roads your on, a type of satellite navigation and of course extensive maps that can be synced through this GPS, there is also a gyroscope to assist the GPS.
- You have the ability to track multiple sports and activities straight from the watch, which again is another handy function!
- For running it tracks – distance, timing, route, pace/speed, lap info, stride length, oscillation, vertical ratio, ground contact time, GCT Balance and cadence. This is also the case with each sport setting on the watch having multiple similar options.
- Syncs via USB or bluetooth to various Garmin apps.
- The has a Wifi functionality on this model, and the watch can be synced with your phone to deliver phone notifications to your watch directly!
- Much smaller then the Fenix 3 and the Fenix Fx versions.
- Battery can last up to 2 weeks in between charges! as well as having advanced battery saving options.
- You can interchange between different bands! This means you can literally tailor the watch for any situation.
- A watch for all situations!
- Only certain models (the most expensive ones like the one we are reviewing) will track your heart rate while your swimming, for other models you will have to switch off the heart rate monitor before swimming.
- Its not cheap, so even if you go for the most basic Garmin Fenix 5 it will still cost a solid price, so make sure you have plenty of funds available before ordering!
- The trail running lap info is not the most accurate in the industry.
Style and function for any situation!
So ultimately this Garmin Fenix 5 Sapphire GPS Multisport Smartwatch is an amazing watch from all aspects. So whether your looking for a watch for intense athletic endeavours, or just a watch for everyday life, then this watch is the one for you!
Now if your smart then you have already read enough, and you now just need to get this watch.
That’s all for today, but stay tuned for more Mens Sports Watches for MMA training or any sport training right here at the MMAGateway.
Also don’t forget to leave a comment or a question if you have any feedback, because that always helps out and I will get back to you asap.
See you next time!