Price: Have a look right HERE
Best place to buy: amazon.com
Size: 13.75″ Diameter x 66″ Tall
Weight: Approx. 110 lbs.
Material: durable vinyl
Colour: Matte Black/Red/White
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 8 out of 10
Are you looking to start training MMA? Well if that’s the case then you need to get some MMA Gym Equipment – this week in our second part of our MMA Gym Equipment series, we review – Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator.
If your building a new gym, or a home gym geared towards MMA, then you need equipment around that can help people drill as many element of Martial Arts as possible. Wrestling, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing, Muay thai, Taekowndo, Karate, Kickboxing are all martial arts that you can drill on this Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator.
This simulator, is not good enough to replace a human training partner, but for working your Wrestling/Grappling and various striking techniques on your own its amazing. There are flaws that will come out later in this review, but there’s also a ton of benefits, so lets look at all the parts from the good to the bad.
Here’s a video by famous MMA trainer Greg Jackson about the Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator –
The best parts of the VS.1
Honestly there is a lot of great points! But lets try and compress them into my top 3 parts of this Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator –
- Firstly as I mentioned at the top of this review, its definitely one of the most versatile training bags I have ever used. The weight means that its not difficult to take down, so you can work your take down technique without the danger of injuring yourself. Then anything from jumping knees, spinning kicks, big overhands, spinning elbows, any strike you want to drill no matter how flashy can be done on this bag.
- The top and bottom handles are really nice for working Muay Thai techniques specifically. So If you love throwing knees and elbows in the clinch, then you will love this Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator, because it actually has handles on the top which means you can really drill getting your full plum clinch when training Muay Thai. Also because its not too tall it keeps the clinch height practical for most people.
- This Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator is made of a really tough and durable heavy vinyl construction, so it will be good for years and years of training to keep you in top shape, no matter how hard you go!
- Practice a full range of combination strikes no matter what you wana drill, anything from – low/high punches, elbows, knees, side, front and round kicks and literally any strike you want to use!
- Training versatility, as i said in the last section one of the best parts is the multi-discipline training you get with this bag – Anything you need from stand up sparring, take downs and a variety of ground workouts. Its particularly good for takedowns for me, because it doesn’t weigh too much and is a good height.
- The fact that your getting a full body engagement means it can stimulate an improvement in aerobic conditioning, to build endurance and accelerate a lot of fat burning possibilities.
- The natural rebounding properties provides low impact when practising strikes and kicks,and the movement of the bag improves timing and reflexes when striking.
- Its really convenient and easy to use, making it ideal for home use, perfect for gyms, schools and fitness centers.
- There’s a larger striking surface than a lot of traditional hanging heavy bags or weighted free standing bags.
- As we mentioned in our top 3 parts, there is top and bottom handles, which allow for a multitude of workouts including dragging, knee strikes, sit ups, leg lifts, resistance band workouts and more.
- This bag requires no hanging fixtures, bag stands or permanent installation which makes it nice easy to move or store in any location logistically.
- It’s built with a really durable heavy duty vinyl construction.
- The base is Pre-filled with sand weighing 100-110 lbs, so it requires NO additional water or sand filling.
- Combines the uses of a standard freestanding bag with those of a grappling dummy, giving you one of the most realistic workout next to training with a real human partner.
- It just looks cool 🙂
- Honestly if you kick or punch this bag hard you will knock it over all the time, which if you have a lot of power in your strikes will annoy you a lot when your trying to drill combinations. So in the striking phase you literally have to go very lightly, because I did have issues having to continually stand the bag up.
- For the price flat out there are definitely better options for training hard striking or grappling, but for combining both striking and grappling benefits the Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator is solid.
- My Jiu-Jitsu training partner prefers straight grappling dummies, so he thinks that the Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator should have some arm or leg limbs on it to help drill different arm/leg locks.
- As my training partner also pointed out – do one or the other. Because the versatility of this bag will be loved by some people, but anyone like my training partner will find it annoying because he wants to do striking or grappling with a bag, not a bag that cant decide what its doing as he says.
If you want variety this is for you
So yes there are some clear pluses and minuses here, but bottom line if you want a training bag that is going to give some of the best versatility on the market, then this Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator is honestly one the best you can get.
Sure there are better options for striking or grappling individually, but I love the concept of this bag, so from my perspective it should be a foundation part of any MMA Gym Equipment, for you you to get a great all round workout!
Obviously this can’t replace a real human training partner which gives the best workouts of course, but with a lot of professional MMA fighters – they are not always available when you need some extra training, and in those moments you will be glad you have a Century Versys VS.1 Fight Simulator.
So what are you waiting for? If you need a spare training partner in the gym, then it would be smart to make an order right HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed this review, any feedback or questions then feel free to drop a comment below, and I will get back to you quick time – Don’t forget to subscribe, like share and stay tuned for the next instalment of this MMA Gym Equipment series right here at the MMAGateway.
Thanks for stopping by!