Price: $99.99 (USD)
Best place to buy: MMAWarehouse
Size: M, L, XL
Material: Premium Skintex leather
Colour: Red/White/Black (Or Neon and Black)
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
Shipping Rate: Free domestic shipping for orders over $49.
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Now if you want to excel in any mixed martial arts competition, be it amateur or professional levels, you will need to train all areas of your striking. So when your training you will need to have certain MMA Gym Equipment in place, and today we are looking at the Venum Elite Shin Guards.
These Shinguard’s are immense, I’ve had the same pair for years, they will enable to kick your training partner or heavy bag without the danger of injuring yourself or your partner. Also don’t go thinking that these things are going to weigh you down in training, because they are as light as a feather!
Seriously shin guards are the sort of thing that can easily be disregarded in some peoples training, but if you have heard the amount of stories I have then you will not want to forget shinguard’s.
I have heard many times about someone kicking too hard in the gym with training partners or on some sort of bag, and then they end up seriously injuring their leg.
You don’t have this issues with these Venum Elite Shin guards, which will give you all the shin protection you need in the gym.
Here’s a video that will show you what these shinguard’s look like in closer detail:
Best parts about these shinguard’s
- So firstly these shinguard’s are just so cool to look at and wear, they remind of the shin guards that ancient Spartans or ancient Roman warriors would wear before they go headlong into battle. Also with the trademark Venum snake design on them it just makes these shinguard’s look fierce and ready for battle!
- Secondly these shinguard’s are made from high density foam, with additional padding on the shinbone and instep. This gives them a really high level of enhanced shock absorption, which is just what you need in high level striking training so you can weather the impact no matter what your kicking. Just recently in training i had my Venum Elite shinguard’s on, and during a sparring session, I threw a hard low kick at one point with my training partner, my shin went straight into his knee as he checked it. Now if i didn’t have my shinguard’s on that one really would of hurt! I hardly even felt it with these amazing shinguard’s on.
- Also these Venum Elite Shinguard’s, are handmade in Thailand which is brilliant considering that Thailand is home to such an influential sport in MMA – Muay Thai. So you can rest assured that the level of quality is specifically designed to handle any kind of kicking techniques in the training room.
When its Venum its always quality
Who are Venum? Well they are one of the largest MMA equipment and apparel companies in the industry. They were started in 2008 by Jean-François Bandet and Franck Dupuis out of France, and now they operate out of America, Europe and Asia.
Since day one Venum has been known for making quality equipment for MMA and martial arts in general, to this point where their name is essentially synonymous with top quality in the industry along with other top brands like Hayabusa, Combat Sports, Century, Fuji, Atama and Badboy.
So when you purchase a pair of these Venum Elite Shinguard’s you are getting top class without question.
- The premium Skintex leather construction really gives these shinguard’s, a top quality design and the durability to last for hours, weeks, months and years of shin protection!
- The high density foam with additional padding on the shinbone and instep, really gives enhanced shock absorption, meaning you can kick as hard as you want and not have to worry about fracturing or breaking anything on yourself or your training partner.
- They have an excellent lightweight design, which provide unrestricted mobility and speed. In fact In my opinion, and in the opinion of most martial artists that use these shinguard’s they are considered to be the lightest and most durable shin guards in the industry.
- Large Velcro straps just make sure there is a no-slip fit, which gives a secure and comfortable feeling to them, as well as easy access for putting them on and taking them off.
- The embossed label and slick graphics really give these shinguard’s a great look, and an extra boost of coolness.
- The fact that these Venum Elite Shinguard’s are Handmade in Thailand, it shows that they really are designed for the hardest of kicking techniques, just like the best Muay Thai and MMA kickers are known for.
- They aren’t cheap, but you know I’m scrapping the barrel when that’s basically the only negative thing I can point out – and even then we all know you have to pay more for the best quality.
- My only other quibble is that the smaller sizes of these shinguard’s, tend to sell out quicker then the larger ones. So if your around my size (5 ft 8, 135 pounds) then you need to act quick to get a smaller size before they sell out!
By now I’m sure your ready to make a decision about what your next piece of MMA Gym Equipment will be, and if you are needing to train your kicking techniques a lot then these Venum Elite Shinguard’s are what you need.
So if your tired of listening to me now, and you want to purchase a pair of these awesome shinguard’s, then you can do that right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this review, and if you have any questions, or comments regarding this review or the product, then post something below.
Stay tuned for more MMA Gym equipment reviews, at the MMAGateway.
See you again soon!