Price: See for yourself HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Weight: 500 grams
Composition: Magnesium Stearate, Silicone Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose (available in tablets or powder).
My Rating: 8.5 out of 10
Yeah you might think that when your working out you can just keep going and going forever – especially if your athletically gifted. But the reality is everyone training in any combat sport like MMA will definitely need some MMA Supplements – so today we are reviewing the Matrix Nutrition Pure L-Glutamine 500g Powder.
It really is dangerous to burn yourself out in any high octane sport, but especially in MMA where you are getting hit all over your body on a regular basis, as well as grappling, wrestling, conditioning, weight cutting etc.
You need a variety of supplements to stay at your optimum performance and continue to learn and grow as a martial artist – there are many supplements, some we have covered before, some we will cover in the future. But today we are looking at a product that will build your long term recovery – Glutamine.
Glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the amino acid pool, it can have a significant effect on the immune system and general recuperative functioning of the body.
No Glutamine is not gonna give you an instant shot in anyway, no acute benefits really – but over prolonged use it will enable you to recover quicker when your body is under severe training stress.
Matrix Nutrition has one of my favourite brands of Glutamine, but take a look at this video to get a good overview of the benefits of L-Glutamine –
Best parts of this supplement
- The often invisible edge – The first and best point about this Matrix Nutrition Pure L-Glutamine 500g Powder is the same as what any solid -L-Glutamine supplement will do, and that’s give you a boosted immune system and recovery capacity while going through realluy hard training camps. Now if you are in an actual amateur or professional MMA bout, if you are taking your daily L-Glutaimne supplements and your opponent isn’t, that could really give you a superior edge over your opponent to keep going when the going gets tough!
- Great amount for the price – Some supplement companies seem to squeeze you on content for the price, but not Matrix they give you over 500 grams of L-Glutamine for a really good price, this also applies to their tablet forms of L-Glutamine and in general all of their supplements have great prices.
- Yeah its called Matrix – I know it might seem trivial to some people, but I invest a lot in a companies name and lets be honest one of the coolest films ever made is The Matrix, so the fact that this supplement company has somehow managed to secure that name from a copyright perspective, it really makes a boss impression on me! I mean seriously anything called the Matrix gets an immediate +1 for me!
- Top Glutamine supplement, which will prevent muscle breakdown keep nitrogen balance and immune system protection.
- Really great amounts for the prices that you pay.
- You can get the Glutamine in powder format or you can get it in pill formats if you don’t like the taste of the powder.
- An important part of any pro MMA fighters supplement diet.
- A perfect supplement for any MMA fighter, combat sports athlete, body builders and any high octane sports.
- Are you kidding me? I mean the company that makes this supplement is called Matrix – what more can you ask for a cool company name?
- Matrix have put a lot of Science into making this Pure L-Glutamine in an easy-to-consume format specifically designed to replenish vital glutamine levels faster than ever before.
- its literally designed with the sole aim of providing a super-potent dose of pure glutamine directly into your muscle cells, Matrix Pure L-Glutamine will help replenish glutamine stores lost during intense training so you will always stay well fuelled!
- The powder doesn’t have the greatest after taste according to some – personally it tastes fine to me, but if you have an issue with the after taste, then you can switch to the pills instead.
What is the Matrix?
Yeah its not rocket science, but fuelling the body during serious MMA and combat training is a Science which is specific – if you are not fuelling your body correctly you will never be able to reach your full potential as a martial artist.
So if you want to reach your true potential, then I strongly suggest you look to get yourself some L-Glutamine on top of a whole host of other supplements like: Casein Protein, Caffeine, Whey Protein, Vitamin B Complex, Arginine, Fish Oil etc.
We will cover great products for those other supplements in future posts, but for now if you want a really solid L-Glutamine supplement then – what is the matrix? Well just as Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix film “Nobody can be shown the Matrix, you have to see it for yourself!”.
So if your ready to see and buy this Matrix Nutrition Pure L-Glutamine 500g Powder, then you can place an order right HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s review and if you did then please do post some comments/questions below – don’t forget to like, share, subscribe and as always stay tuned from the world of MMA right here at the MMAGateway.
Thanks for dropping by!