Best place to buy: Oakley.com
Colour: Polished Black as standard (however you can choose between 14 other colours)
Lens size: 138 mm width (One size fits all)
Boxed Shipping Weight: 272 g
Material: O-Matter stress-resistant plastic frame, Plutonite HDO Lenses.
Shipping: Free shipping and free returns
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
To be a top class MMA fighter, to be a top class in any sport you first have to be an athlete and what does every athlete need? No matter if your a professional, an amateur or you just train for fun – you need to have a top quality pair of sunglasses that can handles the extremes of your training regimes. Today we are looking at Oakley Sunglasses specifically the Oakley Radarlock Path Men’s Sunglasses.
When I’m running, cycling, climbing or drilling combinations outside in the sun, I need a pair of sunglasses that can adapt with me so to speak, they must maximise my vision, while also being lightweight and they need to be able to take the bumps that all glasses take but especially as a choice for an athlete!
That why I love my Oakley Radarlock Path Men’s Sunglasses, because really I have had my pair for over 2 years now and I have never had a problem with them, they still are fully functional, few scuffs here and there, but never any cracked lenses or bent or broken frame.
I have bought a few replacement lenses in those few years, but only as a style switch up choice and because my original lenses did get a bad scratch after about a year of having them, but that was because a bit of rubble fell down a mountain I was ascending with some friends, nobody was hurt, but we all got a face full of about 50 little stones and a load of dust so I can let Oakley off for a scratch given the scenario!
Look at this video to check these awesome Sunglasses out at closer level –
Whats the best parts of these Sunglasses?
- So lightweight and comfortable yet durable – I agree with my friend in the video above, the Oakley Radarlock Path Men’s Sunglasses have to be the most comfortable sunglasses i have ever tried on. But part of what makes them so comfortable is the fact that they are so light, you literally will hardly notice them on your face – but within that don’t let the lightweight fool you, because these sunglasses are also the most durable I have ever had. The O-Matter™ stress-resistant frame material is basically a reinforced plastic specifically designed to be strong enough to take the rigorous extremes of a triathlon, or any extreme endeavour!
- They will never slip! – The Unobtainium rubber ear socks and Nose piece increase grip as you sweat, which means what? You guessed it – the harder you workout the less you have to keep fiddling around putting your shades back in the right position! That has always been massive for me, and really allows me to focus on my run, cycle or climb without worrying about my glasses flying off!
- Amazing Lenses that are so easy to change – So we all know that Oakley have amazing lens quality, The Radarlock Sunglasses come with Oakley’s patented Plutonite Lenses which offer top UV Protection filtering 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. There are also even more advanced upgrade options for lenses like getting a Polarised or Photochromic lenses for instance.But its not just the quality of the lenses, is also the discreet, easy to use and secure interchangeable lens technology, which allows you to add any lens colour or type that you want to suit any scenario! Just a simple flip of a switch, the lenses slide out nice and easily, then just slide the new ones in, secure the switches and your good to go!
- As a simple extra point to note – MAN THEY LOOK SO COOL!
- Oakley Radarlock Path lenses are special sunglasses on a number of levels, because they really enhance the performance of traditional lenses because these touch your cheeks, and help extend the upper field of view – so there is absolutely no vision blockage at all while wearing them and almost feel like your putting a mask on.
- Oakley’s Plutonite Lenses really keep your eyes fully protected at any speed no matter what the height, or weather intensity, because as standard you get top quality UV Protection which filters 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light rays up to 400nm!
- The Switchlock interchangeable lens technology, really does make lens changing much faster and more secure then any other imitations I have tried.
- I don’t exactly what kind of Unobtainium rubber is used on the nose piece and ear socks, but as I mentioned earlier it is huge that the glasses actually grip to your face better the more you sweat!
- I know its a fancy way to just say reinforced plastic, but the again Oakley patented O-Matter stress-resistant frame material really is so lightweight and durable which makes them really comfortable to wear and will protect you in the most extreme scenarios.
- Like we discussed earlier, there are many lens upgrade options for different activities/requirements that you have as an athlete, but ultimately the standard High Definition Optics Lense is a collection of patented technologies which give Oakley Sunglasses the ability to apparently consistently exceed the national testing standards of the to meet American National Standards Institute for optical clarity, visual fidelity, and impact resistance.
- Water does not stick to the lenses! So even if its pouring rain, your vision will still remain clear.
- While the item is described on Oakleys own website as being for Men, I would say that with the colour variant options, and the strictly sport design it makes them Unisex for me, so I think its a plus that Men or Women can wear these Oakley Radarlock Shades.
- Because the Switchlock interchangeable lens technology is so easy to use and there are so many variations to choose from, it also means that as an athlete you can adapt your vision to keep up with changing light and weather conditions.
- You get a beautiful carry case, lens cleaner, one spare lens set and one spare nose grip, which are all nice extra benefits to have.
- Style right? I cant get bored of mentioning this because they are so cool to look at 🙂
- Definitely not cheap! So if your on a tight budget then these are not for you – but lets be honest when it comes to anything you have to pay extra to get the best and especially with things like sunglasses that take a beating all day paying extra definitely pays off, like I said earlier I have had my Radlocks for over 2 years and no major damage to note.
- Buying extra lenses from Oakley is also expensive which is annoying again if you have a tight budget but want a few lens choices – but don’t forget that you do get a spare lens set as standard!
- Its really only the price that keeps me from giving this item a flat 10 out of 10, but if price isn’t an issue for you then you will literally have no negatives with these sunglasses from my perspective.
The true athlete cannot deny the power of Oakley
I don’t care what athletic background or profession your involved in, if you train seriously or not, if your big or small, young or old in any country – if you train you have heard of Oakley Sunglasses and bottom line its currently the Oakley Radarlock Path Men’s Sunglasses that are one of the best Oakley offer currently and thus one of the best in the industry.
Don’t settle for second place when it comes to your training equipment, know your value and know that when you give yourself the best training equipment you can – equipment that you will get the best results and the results that Oakley give as a company for our vision enhancement and long term eye health is outstanding.
So if you can see what I point out in this review, then that means your smart and your ready to take some action directly from Oakley.com
I hope you enjoyed this review today, and as usual is you have any commenst questions or general feedback then please post that below and give us a like, share and sbscribe as that helps us a bunch.
Stay tuned for more of the best MMA reviews in the industry right here at the MMAGateway.
Adios mi Amigos!