Price: Free to download, in app purchases.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Language: Arabic, Chinese, Cornish, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese.
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 7 out of 10
Now I’m not gona sugar coat this at all – at the MMAGateway we usually only review the best MMA related products and while the The UFC app has some cool little benefits, the app is also still a work in progress from my perspective – but bottom line you can get breaking news, exclusive videos/live streams, fighter stats, as well as watch Pay-Per-View events directly on your Apple or Android device.
The app is free but its full of in app purchases, such as UFC FIGHT PASS for $9.99 a month to watch exclusive UFC fights live. This isn’t that amazing for me, as Fight pass only has a few fights on most cards, but it is cool to have a few extra fights to watch now and then.
Also to be fair UFC Fight Pass does give you access to the world’s biggest fight library, featuring UFC events plus PRIDE FC, STRIKEFORCE, the WEC, Grappling tournaments, Boxing and more.
The best parts about this App
- Specific fighter profiles of every fighter – I’m a bit of stats man, so in general I like looking at fights statistically beforehand and with this UFC App I can easily reference any UFC fighters exact reach, or there exact submission percentage, wins/losses, training camp etc. Sure I also use other platforms like Sherdog and others to look at fighter profiles, but for specifically UFC fighters in MMA, this UFC App has the most comprehensive statistics, which is really cool to access quickly on my phone and this is available completely for free which is even more awesome – worth the download alone in my eyes.
- Yeah so Fight Pass is a thing – Look I’m not gona tell you should start paying $9.99 a month to upgrade in this App to UFC Fight Pass, especially if your a casual fan. But if your a hardcore fan like me, then I’m telling you it is genuinely really cool to have access to some exclusive extra fights to watch before the prelims and main card of an event start. I mean it tends to be smaller name fighters, or hot prospects on the rise that feature on Fight Pass fights, but you can also watch all the prelim fights after and the main card depending on your location.
- It actually is the biggest library of fights in the world – Sure it sounds like a marketing ploy when you hear that, but in reality it really is the biggest fight library and Fight Pass is cool for that, with direct access to every UFC event in history plus PRIDE FC, STRIKEFORCE, the WEC, Grappling tournaments, Boxing – at this point its just an ever growing behemoth that apart from Bellator and a few promotions, allows you to really reference any fight you can think of in a heartbeat.
- You can look at the upcoming fight Schedule immediately, as well as checking broadcast times, buying Pay-Per-Views, watching interviews, press conferences, fight videos, setting broadcast reminders, buying tickets, and checking results for past events.
- The app is completely free to download, and free to use but to maximise the Apps potential you will have to make some in app purchases.
- You can easily find out all the latest news of UFC Fights, fighters, the operations and more, which is handy if you like to keep your finger on the pulse with the UFC and MMA in general.
- UFC Fight Pass is genuinely very cool, sure its gona set you back $9.99 a month, but you get a lot of bang for your buck, getting access to the worlds largest fight library, as well as exclusive fights only available on Fight Pass, also there’s live streams of UFC events and other top promotions around the world, like GLORY and Grappling tournaments.
- having the ability to see every fighters profile looking at their exact statistics is one of my favourite parts of this app, because its really easy to navigate and very in depth.
- You can set up alerts to your Apple or android device for breaking news, results and ticket sales.
- You can buy tickets for UFC events directly from your phone device.
- Fantasy – access the UFC’s fantasy game UFC Pick ‘Em and predict fight results and win methods to earn points and prizes.
- I think every male fan loves the Octagon Girls and a lot of women too – so through the UFC App you can get the lowdown on the UFC Octagon Girls with facts, figures and photos.
- There’s access to a huge photo gallery from UFC events around the globe.
- Also through the App you can find bars function to locate bars in your local area that are showing UFC events.
- Straight away I noticed that I can’t view UFC Main card fights in the UK, which is fine because I have BT Sports, but if you don’t have BT sports then beware you will only be able to view Fight Pass exclusive fights and prelim fights.
- When you subscribe to Fight Pass, you really have to beware that the one month subscription will automatically renew, which is fine for me because UFC is basically my life, but if your a casual fan you need to remember the automatic subscription! Note that you can easily cancel your automatic subscription through www.amazon.co.uk/appstoresubsciptions.
- If you don’t watch a whole event at once, then sometimes rendering where you got to is a little bit glitchy, which is no biggie because I can easily find where I was last watching, but some of your might find that annoying.
- Occasional glitches on some android devices, it will be fine if you have a top of the line iphone or latest Android device, but if your device is a bit older you might get some glitch issues on some pages.
- General layout needs improvement I feel, but then I’m a perfectionist so when I’m dealing with UFC products I expect nothing but the best, just like I expect the best fighters in the world to be fighting in the octagon.
It’s not perfect but it really does keep you informed!
No its definitely not perfect as we have highlighted in this review, as I mentioned at the top It’s a work in progress –
but it’s ever improving and ultimately this App will make sure you won’t miss a punch with regards to any statistics, news, UFC events as well as the majority of all MMA and combat sports events in the world.
So if your ready to take some action and try this App for free then you can do that right HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s post, if you did then make sure you leave a comment or a questions below and I will always respond asap.
Don’t forget to stay tuned for more from the world of MMA right here at the MMAGateway.
See you soon!