Price: Have a look right HERE
Best place to buy: amazon.com
Material: Vinyl straps/Poly-carbonate inner shell
Size: One size fits all
Guarantee: Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 year
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
The name Cliff Keen is synonymous with wrestling quality and I really like how this headgear keeps your ears safe while you are locking horns with your opponent.
Clashing heads and giving your ears a good beating is some of the most common things to occur on the Wrestling mats, and there is one thing some people really want to avoid which is the dreaded Cauliflower Ear.
If you wrestle without this kind of headgear consistently, then eventually you will get cauliflower ears of some kind.
But on top of giving awesome protection you can still hear clearly which could be crucial in a competition if your coach is trying to give you crucial instructions.
Check out this video to get a clearer picture –
The best parts of this headgear
- Top ear protection – Its the first and most important part of any headgear for combat sports, so how well does this Cliff Keen headgear protect you? Very, very well – the deep ear cups are made of really durable poly-carbonate plastic and foam which make it easy to not notice a hard impact on the side of your head. Also it is actually designed based on NASA Research which stops bacterial build up and also works to make sure you will never get cauliflower ears.
- Keeps you cool – The ear protectors have these awesome little vents in them which keeps your ears and head very cool while your rolling around on the mats, which is important as you start really building up a sweat. Also the ear protectors are super light, 43% lighter then standard headgear they say, making general movement very easy.
- Easy to hear – This is a big one for me, because some wrestling headgear makes it very difficult to hear the coaching instructions from your trainer, but with this Cliff Keen headgear, the greater audible sound technology lets you hear around 80% better then any other wrestling headgear.
- The headgear is fully customisable and due to the excellent Powerhold adjustable Strap means that it can fit most head sizes.
- Will give you easily the best protection for your ears and head in general in the industry, which is the main thing when wearing any serious headgear.
- Such a great price for the level of quality your getting, so you don’t need to worry about it breaking quickly, because it should last you for years!
- The poly carbonate plastic/foam ear cups are so durable and according to Cliff Keen they are about 43% tougher then any other Wrestling headgear.
- The ear vents and audible sound technology keep you cool and make it really easy to hear what your coach is screaming at you from the sidelines.
- The headgear itself is made with NASA Technology which gives it an extra cool edge!
- It has a one year manufacturers warranty which is great customer service from Cliff Keen as a company.
- The materials that the headgear is made of will fight bacteria really well and this coupled with the durability will make cauliflower ears an impossibility.
- Huge amount of colour options! I mean seriously I don’t think I have seen so many colour options for any type of combat sports headgear.
- Really secure and comfortable when your wearing it, so you don’t need to worry about getting distracted or having it slipping around during the competition.
- Honestly guys whenever I struggle to come up with cons on a product then you know your dealing with a top class piece of equipment – but if i was being extra picky I would say that while a 1 year warranty s great, a 2 year one would be even better.
- Some people who are also picky might say that it needs more forehead protection – to those I say if you know what your doing with wrestling then you really shouldn’t be banging foreheads with people and protecting the ears in wrestling is much more important.
Lock horns with confidence!
Bottom line if you want a piece of Wrestling Headgear that will protect you through thick and thin on the Wrestling matts, then this Cliff Keen F5 Tornado Headgear is exactly what you need to lock horns with confidence in all your Wrestling endeavours.
So if your ready to take some action and order yourself one of these awesome pieces of Wrestling equipment from the hugely respected Cliff Keen, then you can do that right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post, so please leave some comments below if you have any questions or general feedback from your own experience with this Cliff Keen Headgear.
As always stay tuned for more from the world of MMA right here at the MMAGateway.
Thanks for reading!