Price: Have a look right HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Colour: Black/Rich Gold, White/White/Black, Indigo Blue/Indigo Blue/Aluminum
Sizes: 4-15 Medium (US sizing’s)
Material: Ecsaine Upper shoe, Gum Rubber Sole
Shipping: Varies depending on your location.
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
All the best Wrestlers generally start in Junior/High school, so today we are reviewing youth wrestling shoes – The Asics Aggressor 3 Wrestling Shoes, but don’t worry these are shoes that are not only for young wrestlers, but are also for adult Men/Women too!
Now when you step onto the wresting matts, it is soooooo important that you have comfortable, durable and flexible Wrestling Shoes that also have incredible grip – your getting all these benefits with the Asics Aggressors.
The ability to use the grip of your shoes is the most important in Wrestling of all martial arts, because the amount of grip your can get from your shoes basically works to maximise and even enhance your natural physical strength when you pummelling for under hooks, going for a double or a single leg take down etc.
I’ve seen many excellent wrestlers lose a wrestling match to someone because they had poor grip on their shoes, but with the Aggressors you never have to worry about your grip failing you at crucial moments.
Watch this video to see these Shoes in action –
My favourite parts of these Shoes
- Insane Grip – Flat out I have never felt grip like this on any shoes I have ever tried on in my life, I first tried a pair of Asics Aggressor 1 series when I was in school, but my new pair of Asics Aggressor 3 that I have recently bought to do this review are on another level of grip. I mean it literally feels like they are some kind of gravity boots at times that literally stick to the ground – which when it comes wrestling makes all the difference with attacking and defending effectively on the matts.You don’t want to be the guy that loses the match because the grip on your shoes kept giving way, so you repeatedly slipped/lost balance at pivotal moments, giving your opponent the opportunity to take over the match – Trust me you will never have grip issues with the Aggressors, the high line of the Gum sole means that even when your on the side of your foot, on your heels or your toes, you are still getting maximum grip even in all positions.
- Super Comfy – I mean really I don’t like to compete in any sport if my footwear isn’t correct, because when your in the heat of competition, the last thing you want is to be distracted by uncomfortable shoes. But these Asics Aggressor 3 Wrestling Shoes are as comfy as you can get, and because they are so comfortable it makes them versatile too – I like to do lifting with these shoes, as well as using them for long walks and mountain hiking because they support my feet so well in rugged and off road situations.
- Durable for years – the only reason why I had to throw out my original Asics Aggressor 1 series was because I grew out of them, but they never broke down on me, they are really rugged shoes. I found them in the attic a few years ago and they still are almost looking new from over 15 years ago! So I know that my new Asics Aggressor series 3 shoes will possibly last me for the rest of my life as I have certainly done all my growing now at 30 years old!
Who are Asics?
After being demobilised from WW2 in 1945, Kihachiro Onitsuka worked as a standard worker a trading company for almost three years. Then he decided to go his own way by forming his own company and making sneakers for schoolchildren, which were in short supply in the fallout from the war.
In September 1949 he established Onitsuka Co., Ltd. with a capital of 300,000 and only four employees. Onitsuka consulted about the business with Kohei Hori, a former comrade in arms who came with the name for Asics: “If you pray to God, you should pray for a sound mind in a sound body” which in Japanese translates to – (“Anima Sana in Corpore Sano”).
These words had a profound impact on Onitsuka, and became the driving motivation for him to create quality sporting shoes in order to assist athletes, as well as being the source of the acronym ASICS.
Throughout the 50s, 60s, and 70s Asics became known for providing a wide variety of sporting shoes – Basketball, Golf, Dancing, Tennis, Running, Football/Soccer, Olympic Athletics, Cricket and of course Wrestling.
They made their first Wrestling shoe in 1955 with Nylon, Rubber and Leather and they were an immediate success throughout worldwide Wrestling programs – so remember that Asics have more knowledge about Wrestling Shoes then most shoe and sports apparel companies.
Fascinatingly If it wasn’t for Asics there probably never would have been Nike! – Phil Knight the creator of Nike visited Japan in 1963 and he was immediately highly impressed by Onitsuka Tiger shoes for their quality and low price. He became the first US sales agent for Onitsuka Tiger and when he created Nike he even headhunted staff from Onitsuka to give him the initial push he needed to make Nike a success.
In its 2006 fiscal year, Asics generated over 171 billion yen in global net sales and as of 2017 are globally respected as one of the best sports footwear companies ever.
- The Shoes close with laces, but the Lace GarageTM Technology, provides a little pocket which enables the laces to be tucked in and unexposed, meaning you never have to worry about tripping on your laces in the heat of a Wrestling match.
- The quality Ecsaine (Suede) Upper design of the majority of the shoe make for an excellent look and really add to the durability, flexibility and comfort of the shoe.
- The high rimmed soles are made of Gum Rubber, and as I said earlier they provide the best grip I have tried with any shoes, which when it comes to Wrestling can make all the difference between being on top or being on the bottom in a match.
- They are so durable, I have never had a pair of Asics Aggressors fail me in my life, they just keep going – sure you might have to get a new pair after 10 years or so, depending on your level of usage, but bottom line you will not be needing any new Wrestling shoes for at least a few years.
- The DuoSole outsole really reduces the weight making them really lightweight, while also enhancing the flexibility while maintaining traction and durability.
- Because they are so well made, with amazing grip and high comfort means I use my Aggressors for weight lifting, long walks and mountain hiking.
- Don’t tell me they don’t look cool, because all three of the colour variations all overloaded with style!
- Very importantly these shoes are suitable not only for youngsters at school learning Wrestling, they are also perfect for Adult Men or Women to use.
- Not a huge a mount of colour variations! There is only 3 different colour choices, so I feel Asics could offer a bit more variety with this series, but then again the 3 colour options they have are all really nice.
- Don’t expect them to be cheap! These shoes are for people who are serious about Wrestling and need series equipment – so just remember there is a big cost for this level of quality!
You need to rip it up on the matts!
If your in school and you need some quality Youth Wrestling shoes that will enhance your game, or if your an adult male or female athlete that wants to learn from scratch, or just build on your existing Wrestling knowledge – then the Asics Aggressor 3 Wrestling Shoes are exactly what you need to help you take your Wrestling skills to the next level.
If they were a $50 cheaper, or if they had more colour options then these shoes would easily get a 10 out of 10 from me, but as it is I’m still completely confident giving this a really high 9.5 out of 10 because they are as close to a perfect pair of Wrestling Shoes that you can find.
So if your ready to start looking at the size, colours and make an order, then you can do that right HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s review, and as always please leave a comment or some questions below if your feeling chatty – let me know what are your favourite Wrestling shoes?
Of course like, share, subscribe and stay tuned for more from the world of MMA and the best MMA product reviews in the industry right here at the MMAGateway.