Price: Have a look right HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Colour: Black and White
Sizes: 3.5 – 12.5 (UK Sizing)
Material: Form die cut EVA mid sole, Breathable Mesh Fabric, abrasion-resistant rubber out sole.
Shipping: Varies depending on what country your in.
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9 out of 10
Product over view
So boxing yes, I have always enjoyed the martial art of boxing, but ever since Conor McGregor fought Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match, I think all of us have paid more attention to boxing. So today we are going to take a closer look at a slick piece of boxing equipment, in the form of Adidas Boxing shoes, and we are now going to review the Adidas Box Hog 2 Boxing Boots.
When i’m working out and sparring in these boots, I find the sturdy mesh upper construction keeps my feet nice and cool, they are really breathable which helps to maximise my performance late into the fight. Grip, Movement its all there for me in these boots, but they are not perfect, which is why we are doing this review today.
But no matter what you say as well, style is still a factor within training gear, everything has to be sleek, strong, and be the sort of clothing that will not only physically maximise your performance, but will also maximise your confidence leading up to and within the training or fight and that’s what you get with these boots.
Heres a video taht will show you a closer look at these Adidas Box Hog 2 Boxing Boots –
My favourite parts of these boots
- So as I mentioned at the start, I think style is important, and personally I have always enjoyed wearing Adidas Samba shoes and a few others through the years just for all purpose situations. So for me Adidas black trainers always look really cool with the contrasting white stripes, so obviously I feel these Adidas Box Hog 2 Boxing Boots are stylish enough for me to wear outside of the ring even if I wanted, because they naturally will go with a lot of outfits you have especially black outfits in my opinion.
- In Boxing and Martial Arts in general movement is so important, and the flexibility of movement you get with the breathable mesh fabric on these boots is phenomenal. Also because they are really breathable, so every time you move around and pivot, you get a rush of air through your feet, which helps keeps you cool deep into the rounds.
- Sit down on your punches! With the top quality grip on the soles, I find that it really helps with sitting down on your punches and generating some excellent punch power. Also having such good grip on the soles means that you can keep your balance nicely and on a boxing mat you can switch between sliding around on the outside with your jabs, defence and movement, to sitting down using all the grip on your power punches in the pocket.
- The mesh material construction keeps you cool and gives you good freedom of movement.
- There is 3 stripes of woven textile which give good lightweight support also the Suede overlays give a light weight durable and comfortable boot.
- The gum rubber outsoles gives excellent grip and traction, meaning it really supports you with putting power in your punches.
- They are easily one of the lightest boxing boots I have ever tried, meaning you can move around freely round after round without feeling like your feet are weighing you down late into the fight with some heavier boots.
- As my friend points out in the video above, you can also use these shoes for power lifting and I would also say you could use them for wrestling training as well if you really needed, so these Adidas Box Hog 2 Boxing Boots are very versatile.
- For me these boxing boots are easily some of the coolest looking ones I have ever seen, and being as I am a fan of various Adidas shoes, these ones keep you looking stylish throughout your training and fight which gives you a little mental boost.
- Excellent variety of sizing’s, and accurate sizing’s – I’m usually a size 10 and i bought a pair of size 10s and they fit me perfectly.
- Really good affordable price ranges for such a quality boot.
- Very good lastability on these boots, as my friend points out in the video above, these Adidas Box Hog 2 Boxing Boots will last you for years.
- Just like my friend points out in the video, I feel that the back of the boot could have some more ankle support, which would further add to balance and punching power, but personally I’m still happy to sacrifice it for the freedom of movement I get with these boots.
- Some people say the sizing’s are not accurate, but personally I disagree with this because as I said the size 10s fits me perfectly, but I guess everyone has different types of feet width/depth etc.
- One guy told me he got blisters with these boots, but personally I didn’t have that problem, and I have used these for months.
Float like a butterfly sting like a bee!
Its always been a true statement especially in the world of boxing and with these Adidas Box Hog 2 Boxing Boots as we have shown in today’s review, they allow for amazing freedom of movement and good assistance to grip/power dynamics in the ring.
As we said at the very beginning, I think everyone has been paying more attention to boxing after watching the McGregor vs Mayweather match back in August.
So now we have reviewed these Adidas Boxing Shoes, then its time for you to get your pair for all your boxing and training needs, so do that right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this review, so please leave a comment or question below so we can have a chat, and as always stay tuned for more from the world of MMA right here at the MMA Gateway.
See you soon partners!