Price: See for yourself HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Size: 2X-Small, XS, S, M, L, XL
Material: Flexible Ti-22 Titanium™ coated Nlyon fibers
Colour: Black/Grey, Black/Blue, Black/Brown, Black/Purple, White/Grey.
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
Shipping Rate: Free shipping for orders over $50 (USD)
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
As much as learning Jiu-Jitsu in the Gi is an important base especially for perfecting your technique – ultimately No Gi grappling is much more well suited to preparing you for an MMA contest, as its more high octane, more difficult to master and you cannot rely on any form of clothes grabs for your throws/take downs/submissions the way you can in grappling with the Gi.
But before yo step into the No Gi grappling world, you need a quality Rashguard at least for the top half of your body, as you don’t want the bad skin friction/hair rips that can occur if you grapple with out a Rashguard, so its always safer and more hygienic too – so today we will be looking at why you should Buy MMA Rashguards and we will be reviewing this Hayabusa Metaru Charged Long Sleeve Rashguard.
This Rashguard is a best seller on many MMA equipment sites and for good reason, long story short you can’t go wrong with many Hayabusa products, especially their Rashguards – the precision of build quality, comfort, excellent fitting and general performance enhancing is all present in this awesome Rashguard.
Look at this video to get a closer look at the Metura Charged Rashguard –
The best parts of this Rashguard
- Flexible and Durable – This is crucial to me when I put on a rashguard and start rolling in no gi grappling in my gym. Because ultimately I need full freedom of movement, so that I can focus on applying the correct techniques. The Flexible Ti-22 Titanium™ coated Nlyon fibers is awesome on this Rashguard, and the seams are flawlessly welded, so its elasticity is one of the best I have tried, and importantly to go with that, it will not be ripping when it gets stretched, because it is incredibly durable – don’t get me wrong its not bullet proof or anything, but it gives all the flexible durability that you need to take on any challenge on the matts.
- Jiu-Jitsu belt grading colours – This is a really nice touch I think, it is 100% compliant with the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF) and competition regulations which stipulate that athletes apparel colour must match their belt grade. This also means you can be honest with yourself when your ordering this Hayabusa Metaru Charged Long Sleeve Rashguard – I am a Blue belt, so obviously I bought the Black/Blue colour scheme and I find this helps to keep me grounded and honest with myself about my capabilities on the matts – one day it will be so satisfying to get given a Purple belt and be able to order the Black/Purple colour scheme of this rashguard. Also you can use this little niche for motivation to – for example if your a brown belt, you can get the black colour scheme to motivate you to keep pushing till you get your black belt!
- Quality Fully breathable materials – Sweat man, if your used to working hard at your grappling, then you know how much you can sweat on the matts. Within all this, it is so important that the materials that your rahsguard is made of will keep you cool and are anti bacterial. that’s what your getting here with this rashguard the design of it will keep your body temperature optimised and the Flexible Ti-22 Titanium™ coated Nlyon fibers are full anti-microbial, which is important to stop dangerous bacteria on the matts, things like staph infection can be so destructive to a fighters preparation, so this Hayabusa Metaru Charged Long Sleeve Rashguard will help to keep you cool and clean.
- Features exclusive Hayabusa patented Ti-22 Titanium™ coated nylon fibers which as we have discussed are amazing to give flexibility, durability and anti-microbial properties to the rashguard.
- The build quality really assists athletes to achieve their the highest level of performance, because you will waste no time getting distracted by the rashguard – the build quality means you hardly noticed having it on.
- The Rshguard helps to optimise your body temperature, keeping you cool and maintaining maximum muscle function.
- Its fully breathable compression gives support to circulation, which again helps to maximise your performance.
- 100% compliant with professional regulations, meaning you can wear this rashguard at competitive tournaments.
- Available in all five belt colors (long sleeve and short sleeve), which is in keeping with International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF) and competition regulations. Also this helps to keep you realistic about your current grappling standards, and motivate you to get to the next level!
- Just so cool to look at! All of the rashguards have so much style points, but that’s pretty standard for Hayabusa equipment.
- The price is great because you will not need to be buying another rashguard for a longtime due to its build quality and thus longevity – remember paying a bit more in the short term, pays off in the long term!
- The only problem I had with this Hayabusa Metura Rashguard, is that currently it cannot be shipped to Australia or Europe due to supplier restrictions – I had to get mine delivered to a friend in Canada, who then delivered it to me in the UK, this was a bit annoying but this isn’t the case with most Hayabusa products, so hopefully Hayabusa will correct this shipping issue soon! But this issue with shipping has now been corrected as far as I know!
Enhance your No Gi Grappling!
Ultimately when you buy any training equipment, the most important thing is quality because you need the equipment to help you improve to enhance your game overall no matter what element of Martial Arts you are studying.
So when it comes to No Gi grappling, I think you can understand after reading this review why you want to buy MMA Rashguards and you will not find a better MMA rashguard to buy then this Hayabusa Metaru Charged Long Sleeve Rashguard.
Now if your smart and serious about getting the right training equipment to up your game, which most people reading this article will be – then you can place an order right HERE, while stocks last.
That’s all for today, so I hope you enjoyed this review, if you didn’t then let me know why and at the very least I hope you learnt something today. If you did like this, then give us a like, share this review and subscribe so you can get updated immediately when the next post drops.
Of course if you have any additional questions, comments or feedback about this review or the rashguard itself then post some below and I will get back to asap.
Stay tuned for more from the world of MMA right here at the MMAGateway.