If your an MMA lover like me then you are likely always looking out for the best List of UFC events – then you probably want to know can I get tickets for this classic event? Well in today’s post we are looking at the upcoming UFC 222: Holloway vs Edgar fight card on Saturday March 3rd, in Las Vegas, NV
at the historic T-Mobile Arena!
First I will breakdown all the main fights on this card, and then I will give you all the ticket booking information you need, so that you can get a seat at this awesome event!
Have you been to a UFC event before? Well trust me when I say no live events compare to the electricity of seeing a UFC fight card live and in the flesh – on this card if your looking for a match of high level skill sets, then this will be the card for you!
Because all MMA fans around the world will witness as undefeated in 5 years Max “Blessed” Holloway will take on veteran contender and former Lightweight champion Frankie “The Answer” Edgar for the UFC Featherweight title.
Max Holloway has been on a absolute tear in this division, he is currently on a 12 fight win streak at 145, with his last two victories coming in impressive fashion by TKO stoppage over Jose Aldo who is easily one of the greatest ever at 145, making Holloway likely the greatest ever at Featherweight currently.
This has been booked before at UFC 218, but I believe Edgar did have to pull out due to an injury, but as I mentioned Holloway had no issues with this and defeated the replacement Jose Aldo with ease for a second time.
Check out this video so you can start building your excitement for this amazing UFC 222 event –
Breakdown of the fights
- Max Holloway vs Frankie Edgar – so as we have just mentioned in the current main event for this UFC 22 Card on Saturday 3rd March at the T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas, we have current champ Max Holloway going against Frankie Edgar – from a match up perspective, it could be one of the fights of the year so far, but I feel that Frankie will likely be out matched on the feet for speed, volume and accuracy.We all know Max Holloway is really a phenom with his striking variety and effectiveness at Featherweight in the UFC.
However, the grappling department should be fairly even as both men have a few submission finishes and If Frankie Edgar can get this fight to the ground, he could very possible dominate Holloway on the ground with his superior Wrestling skills.If he could do that, he would become a two division champion and cement his undeniable legacy in the sport of MMA. My heart says Frankie, I hope he can do it, but my head says Holloway and very often in MMA picks my head is right, so I’m going with Holloway to retain his title and continue his amazing win streak.
- Stefan Struve vs Andrei Arlovski – In our current Co main event we will see two behemoths collide in the UFC Heavyweight division, now Stefan Struve from my perspective should be winning this fight, however he is coming off a hard loss to Alexander Volkov in his last outing, while Andrei Arlovski looked reasonably impressive by getting a win against rising Heavyweight Junior Albini.
Its always difficult to give accurate predictions in the heavyweight division, due to the one punch chaos that can occur at any moment, but in this bout I expect Struve to be better then Arlovski everywhere really, and likely be physically stronger, so I’m going with him for the win, but I still wouldn’t be surprised to see Arlovski KO Struve some way due to his natural punching power.
- Hector Lombard vs CB Dolloway – I personally doubt that this Middleweight fight will go to the judges, because Lombard hits really hard, is on a 4 fight win streak so you know he will want to make a statement here. Meanwhile Dolloway is coming off a solid unanimous decision win over Ed Herman, but honestly this fight is hard to call.
Both men can crack and both men have shown some frailty in recent years getting brutally knocked out a couple of times. But based on punching power and wrestling/Judo credentials I expect Lombard will be the favourite, however personally I think Dolloway may be able to nullify Lombards take downs, keep Lombard at range being the taller fighter and he should definitely have better cardio so I’m going with CB Dolloway via late stoppage.
- Cat Zingano vs Ketlen Vieira – this will be a fun fight, Cat Zingano has been on a long 2 year lay off as well as losing her last two fights against Ronda Rousey and Julianna Pena. Meanwhile Vieira is undefeated at 9-0 and 2-0 in the UFC getting impressive wins against Ashlee Evans Smith and Sara McMann.
I expect a lot of chaos on the feet as both women like to get after it, both women can scrap especially Zingano who is a really wild striker on the feet who hits hard for the division. However, on the ground I think Vieira will be the superior fighter given her solid Jiu-Jitsu skills – that being said I think Zingano may show something new here and find a way with her indomitable spirit to get the win.
- Then on top of these great fights we also will be treated to see Jiu-Jistu phenom Mackenzie Dern making her UFC debut against Ashley Yoder, as well as Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath, Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann, Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Milstead and more fights to be added to the card!
So whats a ticket gona cost me?
Before I let you know the ticket prices, just a little disclaimer if your new here – every UFC event has its own pricing structure because every arena and event has different running costs, marketing costs etc for the UFC owners, so just remember that before you make any bookings
Having events at world famous arenas naturally has varying costs which is adjusted into the varying ticket prices, but also it depends how close to the action you want to be on the night and also the bigger celebrity name fighters on the card obviously push ticket prices up.
So for this UFC 222: Holloway vs Edgar fight card on March 3rd at the T-Mobile Arena, in Las Vegas, NV the ticket prices at the moment are between $18 – 3,048.00 (USD). If you want to look at the ticket prices and seating lay outs right now then you can check out this ticket booking site.
Lets get ready for a showdown in Vegas!
Don’t be the one to miss out on what could potentially be one of the fights of the year, because UFC 222: Holloway vs Edgar on March 3rd at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV is likely to produce some real fireworks!
So if your ready to start making plans and taking some action to book your place at this top notch event, then everything you need is right HERE.
See you in Vegas!