Price: See for yourself HERE
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Size: 5′ 10″
Weight: 140lbs/63.5 Kgs
Material: Heavy Duty Nylon
Colour: Matte Black
Guarantee: Standard 30 days returns policy
My Rating: 9 out of 10
If your seriously into MMA like me, then no doubt your always needing to find some MMA Gym Equipment – if that’s the case, then your in the right place, as within this post, which is the first week of our MMA Gym Equipment series, we will be reviewing great MMA Gym Equipment. This week we start with the – Combat Sports Legged Grappling Dummy.
Do you ever find yourself in gym or at home, and everyone has gone, but you still want to drill certain positions? Well if you have experienced this, then the Combat Sports Legged Grappling Dummy will be an interesting product for you.
Because this Dummy, is essentially an eternal training partner that is always there for you. So it’s perfect when your short of a human training partner for grappling. Ok sure its not a good enough to completely replace a human training partner, but just for drilling positions any time you like, this is one of my favourite items.
Check out this video to have a look at one version of this Combat Sports Legged Grappling Dummy –
The best parts of this training dummy
Now everything has its pluses and minuses, which we will cover later, but for now I want to focus on my favourite parts of this Combat Sports Legged Grappling Dummy –
- Now first off, I just love the fact that this dummy has some extra weight on the standard version. Usually this dummy is 120lbs, but the version we are looking at today weighs 140lbs! Now the best part of this for me, is that the dummy very accurately replicates the weight of a smaller training partner.
- Secondly the height is really good standing at 5ft 10″, because again this perfectly replicates a well sized fighter, meaning that this dummy is ideal for drilling correct take down entries at the right angles, and this makes it perfect for submissions as well, as the legs and arms are in the correct proportion of a 5 ft 10″ fighter.
- And also I just love the fact that this grappling dummy is really durable, meaning it doesn’t matter how hard you throw this dummy around, or how hard you hit it, there is no way you will be able to actually break the dummy. Well that is of course unless your planning on attacking the dummy with a samurai sword or something, because it is not designed for that, it is only for grappling first and foremost.
- Go as hard as you want! Seriously this dummy is so highly durable you can just throw it around and beat it up as hard as you like and it will still be in shape and ready to receive more of your punishment!
- Great alternative if your short of a training partner – lets be honest you cant always have a high level human training partner available to roll with, so if your short of a partner, this dummy is perfect.
- Not only does this Combat Sports Legged Grappling Dummy serve as a great alternative training partner, but also there is no risk of injuring this Dummy the way you can with a real human training partner.
- Its made of really strong Heavy Duty Nylon, which is where it gets its durability.
- Quality design, with all the limbs being in the correct proportion of a human partner, which makes all your usual drills easy to perform on this dummy.
- Excellent weight, meaning you can work up a real sweat throwing this dummy around as it weighs a good sized 140lbs, but its not too heavy that you risk injuring yourself lifting it, so 140lbs for me is a perfect weight.
- Really good height at 5ft 10″, which is a typical height for many fighters, so this dummy will enable you to really perfect your take down entries, throws and locking in submissions.
- Ok so its not cheap depending on your viewpoint and financial situation – but as I have said many times in many other posts – if you want quality, it comes at a cost!
- The reality is that this dummy can’t completely replace a human training partner, so bear in mind It is static and not free flowing like a real person! But who knows, one day I might be reviewing a real robot training partner!
- The shipping costs do vary a lot based on what country your in, and while I like companies that cover shipping costs or give a flat rate, for a product of this size and weight just remember that shipping costs can be expensive for certain countries.
Everybody needs a training partner in the cupboard.
We all know this isn’t going to replace a real human training partner, but you know how it goes with people especially professional martial artists and athletes – they are not always available when you need them, and in those moments you want to be able to call upon a spare training partner that you can literally store in the cupboard or cellar when your not using it.
Maybe you might even want to give your dummy a name, because just like a car or a favourite piece of clothing, this dummy is something you will get attached to for your training needs, especially when your short of a partner in the gym or at home.
So if you have made your decision, and you want to make an order for your Combat Sports Legged Grappling Dummy, then you can do that right HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed this review, and stay tuned for the next instalment of this MMA Gym Equipment series right here at the MMAGateway.
Any feedback or questions then feel free to post something below and I will get back to you asap.
Thanks for your time!