Price: See for yourself HERE.
Best place to buy: Amazon.com
Material: Odourless Leather
Colour: Black and Gold
Size: One Size Fits All.
Guarantee: Standard 30 day returns policy
My Rating: 9 out of 10
If you want to be effective at the striking areas of MMA, especially Muay Thai and Taekwondo techniques, then you need to have the right MMA Pads, and today we take a closer look at the Fairtex KPLS2 Superior Thai Pads.
Precision, Power and Technique does not come over night when it comes to striking , but when your training partner is holding these Fairtex Thai Pads, as the weeks, months and years go by, with proper coaching you will notice how much better your striking will get.
Sure you can use this for boxing techniques, but there are other mitts that are better suited for focus pad work for sharpening boxing technique. But the main benefit of these Thai Pads, is for drilling Kicks, knees, and elbows.
Trust me whether you are the one holding these pads, or you are the one who is striking these pads, either way you will be improving your striking fundamentals, while having an absolute blast.
So before we delve into the details of these Fairtex KPLS2 Superior Thai Pads have a look at this video which gives you an excellent closer look at these Pads:
My favourite parts of these pads
Odourless material – I mean seriously this is so important in the world of martial arts and MMA., because lets be honest in hard training we always sweat a lot. But these Fairtex Thai pads are made with anti-bacterial materials that significantly reduce odour and the rick of infection.
The cushioning – its really thick, there is extra padding for additional forearm support, and extra padding inside which increases the durability further. Not only is this better for your coach holding the pads, but its also better for you throwing heavy strikes. Because thin cushioning on cheaper Thai pads can result in a serious injury for you or your training partner/coach which benefits nobody.
They are so light – You look at them and think to yourself well they must be really heavy as they are large in size, but actually when you try them on, you will realise how light they are. This is great for the trainer and fighter, because it means you can switch between a variety of high volume striking techniques because these Fairtex KPLS2 Superior Thai Pads are so easy to move around.
Fairtex bringing Muay Thai quality since 1971
The company was founded by Philip Wong, who practised Muay Thai as a serious hobby. Fairtex became the number one brand in Thailand and Mr. Wong, as with any true martial artist wanted to give back to the Thailand community.
His vision to give back was realised through the Fairtex Muay Thai camp in rural Bangplee, which he built 25km outside of Bangkok. Fairtex has been consistently assisting young Thai men to stay off the streets, stay off drugs and build a life of honour and worth through Muay Thai.
Many of the innovative creations found in Fairtex’s products, are a direct result of testing products for decades in the now world famous Bangplee camp.
- They really are some of the best Thai pads in the industry for drilling Muay Thai and all variety of complex striking techniques.
- Great for you coach to gauge your power, technique and precision while training, and do so without any danger of injury to anybody.
- The extra padding for forearm support really makes a big difference, because your forearms will be well protected for the whole training session. Don’t settle for cheap pads where the padding will not be anywhere near as good.
- There is Extra padding inside to increase durability, meaning you can really strike these pads as hard as you like without the risk of injury to yourself or your training partner/coach.
- These Fairtex KPLS2 Superior Thai Pads are also made from odourless material which not only keeps them smelling fresh, but also just makes them much more hygienic overall.
- They are really Lightweight, which is great for working quick combinations because these Fairtex KPLS2 Superior Thai Pads are so easy to move around.
- Ok so they are a bit pricey for some people, but as with anything in life – if you want the best you have to pay the price for it.
- They can be used for boxing, but they are not the best pads for boxing technique – if your looking for something better for improving boxing technique I would suggest you look into some Focus Pads, which I will be reviewing in the near future.
Let the punches, kicks, knees and elbows commence!
It should be very clear to you by now that these Fairtex KPLS2 Superior Thai Pads are really something that you need to have in order to make sure that your kicks, elbows and knees are technically improving in all the right ways.
It really is crucial, so don’t cut any corners in your training, remember when your in the cage or the ring, you will only have your training to rely on to get you through the contest to victory – and these Fairtex Thai pads will sharpen your technique so you can really let the strikes fly with confidence in your fights.
If your ready to take some action and buy yourself a set of these Fairtex Muay Thai Pads, then you can make a purchase right HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this review, any questions, comments, or general feedback regarding this post then please share some below.
As always stay tuned for more of the best reviews, news and general information on the world of MMA right here at the MMAGateway.
Catch you later!